phpmyadmin login as normal user

duke28

Verified User
hi since few version..

we cannot login into phpmyadmin with the same user and password of directadmin or ftp..

why??

i have try many time.. create one user for directadmin..
the password work for ftp and directadmin, but not for phpmyadmin..

i cannot since few month..
not normal..

we can just login phpmyadmin if we create one DB by the user panel in the mysql options..

It shouldn't be possible to log into phpmyadmin using standard user credentials. The point of phpmyadmin is to act as an interface to a user's database via the username you specified when the database was created (e.g. user_dbuser).

Do the standard usernames exist inside MySQL's list of users? Run this as root either from the shell or from phpmyadmin;
Code:
select Host, User from mysql.user;

It shouldn't be possible to log into phpmyadmin using standard user credentials. The point of phpmyadmin is to act as an interface to a user's database via the username you specified when the database was created (e.g. user_dbuser).

Actually when directadmin creates a user it adds that user to mysql as well. That user can then access all the databases under that user.

you say whatever...

you make no sense

just Floyd is right..

Actually when directadmin creates a user it adds that user to mysql as well. That user can then access all the databases under that user.

HE IS RIGHT

but why its not working on our servers ?

you say whatever...

you make no sense

Who? What makes no sense? Now you are not making any sense.

but why its not working on our servers ?

My suggestion is the same as Rich-Boy. First make sure the system users are in the mysql database and then we will move on from there. If they are in the database then we have to look at one thing and if they are not then we have to look at another. We cannot tell you the next step until you answer the question in post #4 and #7.

You mgiht have to change your user's main password to something else first. I noticed my DA sometimes requires me to do that to get their password in.

Back