Please make a subforum and some stickey topics about CENTOS 8 Stream or other alternatives to the CENTOS8

ikkeben

Verified User
For Forum ADMINS and or Moderators

Please make a new and more sticky SUBforum and some sticky topics also Official DA parts for the EOL CENTOS8, CENTOS8 Stream , RHEL small , Almalinux or rocky linux as successors.

For a good overview, and to protect forum from to many almost same topics and posts about it
Also for good overview yes no when supported by DA itself, and some status and so on

While some switch could be very easy if you have to believe this from Almalinux for example.

I want to convert from CentOS to AlmaLinux. How do I do it?

Switching Linux distros can be a headache, but that is not the case when switching from CentOS to AlmaLinux. Just like CentOS, AlmaLinux is a 1:1 binary compatible fork of RHEL, so switching is simple. We will provide a single command to swap repositories and keys once the Beta is out.

Can I really port an entire fleet of servers from CentOS to AlmaLinux with a single command?

As stated, AlmaLinux will be a 1:1 binary compatible fork of RHEL, which means that your applications and services will remain compatible. For that reason, you can rapidly migrate any number of servers with just one command.

Back