Problem with disambling IPv6 in exim

central

Verified User
My support told me to ask :
I have set the AAAA record and now the IPv6 PTR worked. Though we have disabled IPv6 in exim, you should check with DA support as well why the emails are being sent from IPv6.

Support here told me

If you disabled ipv6 in exim, it should not use ipv6. Likely you haven't fully disabled it. Please note that your license comes with a community/forum support only. It does not have a support package.

Is thhere anyone who can tell me what to do ?

Please note that your license comes with a community/forum support only. It does not have a support package.
Who is "my support" because anyone else than Directadmin themselves should not sell you a personal or personal plus license.

However, to disable ipv6 in Exim, try this.

I am talking about my server support.
That can be anything, but I presume this is a person. Also if somebody sold you the license, it's not my case, but it's safer to buy at DA then, for the license ID and account. Just wanted to give good advise, no harm ment. ;)

I'm sure you're support knows what to do, it's quite easy to do.

Is bought by the DA, why you believe that is not ?
I believe you. But in the first message you spoke of support so I thought support was a hosting company.

but still the emails are being sent using IPv6.
They should not only disable ipv6 in the Exim config as mentioned in the url, but also rebuild the Exim configuration as mentioned in the url. Maybe also just to be sure restart Exim.
Then it should not be possible anymore for Exim to send mail via ipv6.

If you don't use ipv6, it might be better to disable it correctly, then Exim won't use it anyway.

I believe you. But in the first message you spoke of support so I thought support was a hosting company.

They should not only disable ipv6 in the Exim config as mentioned in the url, but also rebuild the Exim configuration as mentioned in the url. Maybe also just to be sure restart Exim.
Then it should not be possible anymore for Exim to send mail via ipv6.

If you don't use ipv6, it might be better to disable it correctly, then Exim won't use it anyway.
i will trasfere this , for sure they restarted i already asked them, i didnt ask for the rebuild, i will let you know
Thank you

From my support

The below commands were already executed:

echo "disable_ipv6=true" > /etc/exim.variables.conf.custom
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build exim_conf

And restart Exim after those commands?
Can't imagine Exim still being able to send mail via ipv6 anymore.
Let them have disable ipv6 like it should be if you don't use ipv6.

Maybe @mxroute or @zEitEr can help fixing Exim otherwise, because the above change should have been enough.

Back