Question about ip and reselling

Koba

Verified User
Hello, I'm trying to create a reseller with the option of Personal DNS servers.

I am getting errors -
1) You have not given the reseller any IP's. Unable to create an assigned IP domain or any nameservers without any

It turns out to create a reseller only when adding additional ip addresses.

Tell me, can I use the main ip of the server for resellers? Or do I need additional ip ?

You should be able to use the main ip for resellers.

I've admin access but also have a reseller account, on that reseller account I use my own nameservers with the shared ip.

You should be able to use the main ip for resellers.

I've admin access but also have a reseller account, on that reseller account I use my own nameservers with the shared ip.
Should the ip address be global?

That's your choice, it can be global or it can be a seperate one.
We have used the shared (so the global) ip for it. So you can use the global ip.
Correctly I understand, I can only have 2 ip addresses (ipv4 + ipv6)
And use the address data for yourself and for any number of resellers with support for the original dns servers, right?

That is correct. At least for the ipv4. I don't work with ipv6 yet, but with ipv6 you mostly have more than 1 ip anyway.

Normally and officially you need 2 ipv4's for nameservers. But there are more DA users, just using the main ipv4 for both nameservers.

If you want to go official later on, you could rent a cheap vps somewhere with an ipv4 and then use Directslave on the VPS and use that ipv4 as secondary nameserver.

The ipv4 should be the shared ip and this way resellers can also use that for their own nameservers.

That is correct. At least for the ipv4. I don't work with ipv6 yet, but with ipv6 you mostly have more than 1 ip anyway.

Normally and officially you need 2 ipv4's for nameservers. But there are more DA users, just using the main ipv4 for both nameservers.

If you want to go official later on, you could rent a cheap vps somewhere with an ipv4 and then use Directslave on the VPS and use that ipv4 as secondary nameserver.

The ipv4 should be the shared ip and this way resellers can also use that for their own nameservers.
We get this error when creating a reseller:
Reseller only got 0 of their 2 ips.
Not enough IP's to create nameservers. It requires at least 2 free, un-assigned ips.
You have not given the reseller any IP's. Unable to create an assigned IP domain or any nameservers without any
It requires at least 2 free, un-assigned ips.

And we can’t create it, tell me what can be done and how to fix it?

Use Shared-Server in picture 2.

When you use the Shared-Reseller's ip, that is for seperate ip's and then you need 2 totally free ip's.

At which stage you asked to provide 2 ips, as I know - there are no such need at all, just enough 1 shared/dedicated/server/any IP.

Use Shared-Server in picture 2.

When you use the Shared-Reseller's ip, that is for seperate ip's and then you need 2 totally free ip's.
Does not work

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 5
At which stage you asked to provide 2 ips, as I know - there are no such need at all, just enough 1 shared/dedicated/server/any IP.
Should I edit the reseller rates or what? I need
1) In order for resellers to be created, it is possible on the same ip
2) What would resellers have the ability to personal dns servers

1. At admin level - you create reseller package.
2. At admin level - you create reseller with this package.
3. Log in as this reseller, create A-records for NSs, point domain there to this nameservers, remove default server nameservers.
4. At resellers nameservers menu just add this two nameservers.

Back