Rebooted and now DA won't work and server offline?

beansbaxter

Verified User
Everything was working fine until I did a power cycle. I shutdown from the command line before powering the server off and back on again. And now I'm unable to access DA (IP:2222) and I cannot connect via SSH (operation times out) and no websites on the server are loading.

I'm using a KVM console to access the server... I checked the DA error.log and it's empty. Nothing looks out of the ordinary in the other error logs. I checked "service directadmin status" and it shows DA is running. I disabled CSF from the command line.

What else can I try/do to see what's going on and get the server back online again?

Running the latest version of DA with CentOS 5.

Last edited:
Disregard. I figured out the problem. Has to do with compatibility problems with the EOL CentOS 5 kernel. Looks like an upgrade to 6 is now going to happen. I'm not excited to make the jump to 7 (sigh)

You can use CentOS 6 and still receive updates [FONT=&quot]until November 30, 2020. Going for CentOS 7 you will receive [/FONT][FONT=&quot]updates until June 30, 2024.
[/FONT]

I agree with Imtek. If you're going to change, best is to directly go to Centos 7 because you will be fine for a lot of years like you were with Centos 5.
There are some differences with 5 and 6, like other ways to start services, but you can get used to it quite fast.

Has to do with compatibility problems with the EOL CentOS 5 kernel.
Could you explain a little bit more? Because DA supports Centos 5 until 2018 so things should start normally after a reboot.

Back