[RELEASE] DA-Tomcat v0.1

hehachris

Verified User
[RELEASE] DA-Tomcat - Tomcat Manager Plugin

Whats is DA-Tomcat?

DA-Tomcat is a Apache Tomcat plugin for DirectAdmin.
This powerful plugin allows admins to manage Tomcat virtual hosts. It also allows users to manage their JSP/Servlet appications without the need of Tomcat Manager privilege. Do all of these just within DirectAdmin!

You can purchase this plugin in http://www.daplugin.com/orders. We accept Paypal and CC payment (via 2Checkout).

Links:

Product Homepage

Documentation

ChangeLogs

Auto Build Script: JDK + Tomcat + MOD_JK + Ant (Forum member only)

Last edited:
does it work with FreeBSD 5.4?

does this plug in work with FreeBSD 5.4?

hehachris said:

Features

Admin Level

- Auto install script for Tomcat, Administration Web Application, Ant and mod_jk

I just bought this plugin and now find that one of your key features is not implemented (not available). There is NO Auto-Install script for Tomcat in the admin section. If there is let me know where to look.

Kind Regards,

Re: Re: [RELEASE] DA-Tomcat v0.1

resolveit said:
I just bought this plugin and now find that one of your key features is not implemented (not available). There is NO Auto-Install script for Tomcat in the admin section. If there is let me know where to look.

Kind Regards,

i think i made everyone confused
the feature i mentioned is the tomcat.build script stated here: http://daplugin.com/howto_tomcat.shtml

btw v0.2 will be released in this week. and a DA-customapache-liked build script will be available, which allow you to...
To build everything run:
./daplugin.build all

Build all DA-Tomcat related stuffs:
./daplugin.build tomcat_all

Build all DA-PgSQL related stuffs:
./daplugin.build pgsql_all

DA-Tomcat Related options:
./daplugin.build java
./daplugin.build tomcat
./daplugin.build ant
./daplugin.build mod_jk
./daplugin.build da-tomcat

DA-PgSQL Related options:
./daplugin.build pgsql
./daplugin.build da-pgsql

Swap License:
./daplugin.build swap_lic < tomcat | pgsql >

Remove old packages data:
./daplugin.build clean

Get lastest build script and packages
./daplugin.build update

Get packages for current build script
./daplugin.build update_data

the plugin:
- not tested on PHP5, but it should work unless you completely replace it as a CGI binary. if you we can't get it to work, i will refund
- never touches apache, DA has a built-in webserver (so you can access DA even apache is down):eek:

the auto build script
- tested on Apache 2 (not 2.2)...but i dont understand how did you think...the script just pull the mod_jk source from Apache website and do the ./configure and make automatically...why asked about the script but not Tomcat / mod_jk :confused:
- not related to PHP at all

As an update I have it all working now, I think. The application is giving problems deploying but I do not know why at this point. As far as incompatibilities I have seen none.

There does seem to be a problem with paths though. It looks for Java at /usr/local/java but Java actually installs at /usr/local/java/version. I will submit a ticket tomorrow. Must sleep now.

Tomcat service fails

The service is failing to start

any steps or procedure to fix it ?

Last edited:
I will recommed this product
its very easy to use and troubleshoot
more over you get very good support from Chris.

i really glad that i choose this product

can someone pass me the content of the file workers.properites in /user/local/tomcat/conf/jk ?

The build script dont install it for me

Back