[release] Installatron v2.4

l0rdphi1

Verified User
Installatron provides DirectAdmin users with the ability to easily install and upgrade a growing list of web scripts. See www.installatron.com for details.

--

This is final version 2.4.

The main new feature in this version is the addition of install-upgrading, which will allow users to upgrade their installs at the click of a button in Installatron.

See full list of changes here:
http://www.installatron.com/log

--

To upgrade to this version, navigate to the DirectAdmin Plugin Manager, tick 'Installatron', and click the 'Upgrade' button.

To install this version on a new server, see this guide: http://www.installatron.com/installation

--

Enjoy. :)

All updated quickly and easily :)

Been waiting for this one to upgrade some old installs - thanks

Rob

The upgrading process actually starts from now -- ie. starting from the currently supported versions of all scripts.

There was no practical way to support upgrading of really-old installs. We'd have to track down more than 100 old software packages and then write more than 100 upgraders.

Sorry if you were hoping for that. :)

Rowan.

Thanks, it's not what i'd hoped for, but it's a great feature.

We are going to start selling dedicated's next week with iTron as an option :)

Icheb said:
Thanks, it's not what i'd hoped for, but it's a great feature.
It isn't cost effective for us to go back and write all those upgraders. I apologize for that, but we simply haven't sold enough licenses :(

Good to see you're going to be offering iTron though. :)

Cheers!

Phi1.

Ouch, big problem. At least one script is really outdated.

Your script still uses Mambo 4.5.1 but Mambo 4.5.1a was released on the 29th of SEPTEMBER ;)

Perhaps the wrong place, but since I updated to the latest beta, users are unable to get into the OsCommerce admin.
I already gave them the manual url, but I'd appreciate it, if this one can be fixed.
It just links to the normal dir now, not the admin...

Also something I noticed; when I click the name of the installed program, nothing happens, it's like a hyperlink with 'javascript:return true' or something.
Perhaps add a function to it, like: view description or something.

Furthermore, some of the users that are actually using iTron (yeah, also have them ;)), have asked, if it isn't possible to display the scripts in a better way. I do understand that it's perhaps not a great idea, but what about a sort of windows tree (explorer) thing, that's made in JS ?
Like:
Code:
{-} <category>
       {-} <scriptname>
              [Description]
        {+} <scriptname>
{+} <category>
I think, this is better understood by users who've been working with Windows all of their life/carreer.

Actually, that 'admin' problem looks to happen for all installations, not just osCommerce. We'll fix it for the next release.

Clicking the installation name does actually do something -- it selects that line. But we could make it that clicking the name also selects that script in the info area below. We'll have a look at that.

The main problem of the "tree" idea is that most of the scripts installed by iTron are in their own "type" category. So it'll have lots of single-item menus.

But it has some merit.

We went through a lot of different ideas before settling on that two-dropdown-menus approach. It was the best of the dozen or so we tried. But I actually agree that it's still probably not ideal.

Not sure how keen I am on adding a full javascript-driven collapsible menu though. That almost feels like overkill. :)

Rowan.

First thanks for the new topdown menu, it's much better than having a big list.

Now a bug I saw :
The finalize function did not work with the last Mambo install I did (with 4.5).

A feat req:
I'd love to bew able to see a list of apps and their version number from the installatron admin page.

Back