Votes: 2 6.3%
  • €20 - €30

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

resolveit

Verified User
Edit 11-Oct-2006: SpamBlocker Plugin is no longer a product of Edge Internet Services.

The new contact information is as follows:

To order Spamblocker:
https://www.daplugins.net/

To use the ticket system:
http://spamblocker.virtualhelpdesk.info/

Edit 05/31/2006: We've had to disable the 2CheckOut payment option as we weren't getting good support from them. We'll add our own CC gateway as soon as we can but in the meantime PayPal is the only payment option available. If any returning users can't pay by PayPal and need additional licenses please enter a ticket at http://spamblocker.virtualhelpdesk.info/ and we'll manage to work something out.

SPAMBlocker Plugin for DirectAdmin has been released.

SPAMBlocker Plugin makes managing the configuration of SPAMBlocker (from Nobaloney Internet Services) a breeze.

SpamBlocker Plugin version 1.7.0 is available

You can manage the following from the Plugin (if you have SPAMBlocker version 1)
  • exim.conf settings for SPAMBlocker 1
  • Upgrade to SPAMBlocker 2
  • which domains are affected by SPAMBlocker
  • automatically adding new domains to SPAMBlocker
  • excluding domains from being added to SPAMBlocker
  • Domains blacklist
  • Hosts Whitelist
  • View exim.conf

You can manage the following from the Plugin (if you have SPAMBlocker version 2)
  • View exim.conf from inside the plugin
  • exim.conf settings for SPAMBlocker 2
  • Enable/Disable any of the external RBL lists
  • which domains are affected by SPAMBlocker
  • automatically adding new domains to SPAMBlocker
  • excluding domains from being added to SPAMBlocker
  • Domains whitelist
  • Domains blacklist
  • Hosts Whitelist
  • Hosts Blacklist
  • Sender Whitelist
  • Senders Blacklist
  • View exim.conf

Licenses for the plugin is for sale at http://www.daplugins.net for $29.95.

You can download the plugin from
PHP 4 Version http://spamblocker.daplugins.net/plugin/php4/spamblocker.tar.gz
PHP 5 Version http://spamblocker.daplugins.net/plugin/php5/spamblocker.tar.gz

Last edited:
Can you shed any light on the ease of installation? Do you still have to follow the instructions in the readme file as before?

And please, make normal screenshots instead of printing out a website to a pdf file.

This is a plugin, it installs into DA and is only accessible from the admin level. Installation is a breeze as you only need to specify the URL, enter your password and click install. When the plugin is installed you need to enter your license code and you're ready to go.

I know that's not what you asked but also important :)

Upgrading is as simple as clicking the Upgrade button and configuring the settings for version 2. The plugin has already implemented everything in the readme so click the button, configure the URL's and wait 1 minute and you're on SPAMBlocker 2.

What this plugin does NOT do is install Spam Assassin, you can en/disable Spam Assassin in the exim.conf file with the plugin but still have to run the script to install Spam Assassin yourself.

When I have more time I'll make gif/jpg files for those who don't want to view the PDF.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

If possible can you have it check if /usr/local/bin/spamd exists and if it does use path's /usr/local appended, reason for this is if someone uses spamassassin from freebsd ports it will be in that path.

It's not that I don't want to view the PDF, but for some reason my computer isn't thrilled with opening PDF files :)

Chrysalis said:
If possible can you have it check if /usr/local/bin/spamd exists and if it does use path's /usr/local appended, reason for this is if someone uses spamassassin from freebsd ports it will be in that path.

I don't follow what you want me to do... I can check to see if /usr/local/bin/spamd exists, no problem but what do you want me to do if it exists and what do you want me to do if it does not exist?

regards,
Onno

getUP said:
It's not that I don't want to view the PDF, but for some reason my computer isn't thrilled with opening PDF files :)

I'll try and get them done before Wednessday :)

resolveit said:
I don't follow what you want me to do... I can check to see if /usr/local/bin/spamd exists, no problem but what do you want me to do if it exists and what do you want me to do if it does not exist?

regards,
Onno

Sorry I got confused when I wrote the post, does spamblocker only modify exim.conf if so then no need to do what I said. It is only needed if spamassassin config gets modified.

The plugin does not at this time manage SpamAssassin.

As Onno has mentioned (he's asleep now; it's 1:30 am in Holland, so I'm responding), the plugin allows you to either enable or disable SpamAssassin (by managing the commenting and/or uncommenting of the specific lines in exim.conf), but doesn't do anything to change it.

Jeff

Quoted from the other topic:
SpamBlocker Version 2 will be included in future releases of DirectAdmin and will be available from the DirectAdmin website as soon as it becomes an official part of DirectAdmin.

Do you know when that will be?
Will this module be any part of the official DirectAdmin distribution?

I know that the spamblocker 2 exim file is currently being integrated with DA and if it's not already available it will be soon (for new installs). For existing installs you can download the exim.conf file and manually modify it (or you can have the plugin do it for you).

The plugin is a commercial product and is sold seperately.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

To have it cleared up for myself; if the spamblocker config file is integrated into fresh installs, you can buy the plugin to configure it as you need? There will be no configuration possible on the interface level from DirectAdmin or is this yet unknown?

The reason I'm asking this is because in the past we've bought things which seemed to be part of a future releases of other software we used, so made our, sometimes tiny, investments in fact straight up losses.

Here's the definitive answer.

Onno and I are partners in SpamBlocker.

I maintain the SpamBlocker exim.conf file, which is an open source release, licensed under the same license as Exim (see the license here.

We of course allow JBMC to include it in DA.

We also offer it on our download site, here.

Onno maintains the plugin code. It is not open source. The license has not yet been written; I'm in charge of that and I haven't had the time yet. As soon as it's written the plugin will be available for sale.

We have no expectation of licensing DA to use the code, but we make no promises that we won't, nor can we promise that DA won't write similar code.

We can promise you a valuable plugin at a good price.

Jeff

This plugin will be released later today and will be prices at $29.95 per license.

The SpamBlocker Plugin has been released!!!

I've updated the first post in this thread with all the details.

Looks good, do all domains using spamblocker have to share the same whitelist?

Hi Chrysalis,

Currently all domains using SpamBlocker's exim.conf file use the same white and blacklists.

We will be releasing a Pro version called MailBlocker that will include the possibility to have individual White and Blacklists per domainname. The Pro version will also include a new exim.conf file that allows per-domain black and whitelists.

Note that the MailBlocker exim.conf file will NOT be distributed under the OpenSource license but all changes in the SpamBlocker exim.conf file will also be made in the MailBlocker exim.conf file.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back