Remote backups - error

ShinJii

Verified User
Hi,
I have 2 servers, both are with DIrectadmin....
When cron try to do backup on the first server and then send it through FTP there's an error everyday after ~ 1.5-2hours.... how to fix that? That backup has probably something around 300-350gb (both servers are connected in vRack ovh ~6gbps)

Code:
User acdm has been backed up. <5:49:01>
ftp_upload.php exit code: 18
ftp_upload.php output: curl: (18) server did not report OK, got 451
curl return code: 18
 <7:09:03>
Please see this URL and check for curl exit code '(18)': https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=2127

Anyone? Within 7 days it completed just once...yesterday (~420gb) and I guess that error happening in the end of sending that backup through FTP because I see time and it's similar to that backup which were complete.
BUT - even if there's an error I can see that .zst file on backup server... but I don't know if that file are corrupted or not - one what I can say is that there's no that second file (md5.zst or something like that :D)

Seems duplicate to this issue. Also still a problem. I presume you have up to date OS and needed portranges open?

Both servers with fresh proftpd? IPs added to CSF allow? There is no timeouts for processess (Process Tracking etc.)? Also timeouts in proftpd config. For such big accounts I prefer rsync.

Both servers with fresh proftpd? IPs added to CSF allow? There is no timeouts for processess (Process Tracking etc.)? Also timeouts in proftpd config. For such big accounts I prefer rsync.
PureFTPd, IPs added, i didn't configure any process timeouts.
I know rsync is better but that are backups script from directadmin itself... not my script :)

check pureFTPD config/timeouts, check logs - maybe there described more details.

Back