Remove domain if user name doesnt exist

netearth

Verified User
Hi all,

OK, firstly went to change the username on a user account (not reseller or admin type accounts) using the script in scripts directory (change_username.sh example example1).

This died half wat through on trying to start mySQL for some reason... Anyway the main admin screen still showed the old username(example) and allowed me in to the user control panel. So as I needed to get this user back up and running, I changed the domain to a different domain, it was for instance, example.com and I renamed it to example1.com.

I then created the client correctly for my resller, setup the domain and thats working a treat.

Server restarted, and HTTPD wouldnt start, it complained that the username i tried to change doesnt exist, and therefore service stopped. (it was missing the user files from one of the directories /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/example1) This I assume is correct as i simply renamed the old example directory to example1 and hey presto httpd started with some errors, but at least started.

Went to remove the old incorrect client "example", select in (all users page from admin page) the user, click delete at the bottom, and DA came back with the user doesnt exist and has been removed. So I assume this is removed from the all users display as it isnt there anymore, yet if I go via SSH and have a shifty for example1 and example1.com it is still there.

I need to get this deleted, checked out the scripts directory and couldnt find a "remove_domain" or anything type script, plenty in there though, just not one that can do what I am after.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
Back