Reseller Name Servers

netmotiv8

Verified User
Hi

I hope everyone had a good xmas!

I have read a few threads but it must be my xmas hangover disrupting my concentration :D

We are about to start offering reseller accounts and we assume that most will want to use their own nameservers. How do we offer this in DA to our resellers without having to use any additional IPs?

Can they use the IPs that we current use for our nameservers which they can register as the nameserver ips for their domain with their registrar?

Would this also cloak their nameservers over ours so it looks as if they are running their own nameservers to their customers?

Many thanks in advance.

Neil :D

Last edited:
netmotiv8 said:
Can they use the IPs that we current use for our nameservers which they can register as the nameserver ips for their domain with their registrar?
Most registrars will allow this for most TLDs.
Would this also cloak their nameservers over ours so it looks as if they are running their own nameservers to their customers?
Not to the extent you'd like, as reverse DNS on those IP#s will always point to the same domain name.

We use something quite generic: ns-one.net so if anyone does see it, it doesn't matter.

Jeff

Back