restore not restoring packages

V4mpireuk

Verified User
Hi,

I have the following error, I previously thought it was just the package in particular as everything else restores, however i'm missing all packages requiring me to restore them manually.

Unable to read %s's package file %s for restoring: %sadmin/home/admin/backups/backup/packages/czone.pkg

this is an old package that was a reseller package, which is in reseller_packages directory which is in the backup archive there is no other errors upon restore, the other .pkg files are in packages directory again in the archive, but this is failing to restore, manually adding them via the panel isn't that big of an issue, however I would prefer not to have to have the problem in the future on any backups/restores.

Could this be anything to do with it being backed up on the old theme and then restored on evolution? as I never had this issue until more recent install and the default skin is evolution.

Hope someone has an idea on resolving this.

Regards,

V4mpire

I have the same error in a new install directadmin (since a week):

The other resellers (restore) are no problem.

Only the admin: admin.root.admin.tar.gz

Unable to read %s's package file %s for restoring: %sadmin/home/admin/backups/backup/packages/reselpakket1.pkg

When I set (select) a package at Admin Level for admin like:

...2222/CMD_MODIFY_RESELLER?user=admin

and [save] it ... and i go back to see if it's selected, I have to select it again and again ...

It will not stay there, so it's not written to the package file ...

P.S 1:

First I make a Backup via [Admin Backup/Transfer] - So everything is new.
Then I restore, which give me the error (only with admin Restore).
The other Reseller restores are fine.

Cron log:
Aug 8 18:39:01 net23 CROND[2341]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq)
Aug 8 18:39:03 net23 crontab[2383]: (root) REPLACE (admin)
Aug 8 18:40:01 net23 crond[639]: (admin) RELOAD (/var/spool/cron/admin)
Aug 8 18:40:01 net23 CROND[3857]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq)
Aug 8 18:41:01 net23 CROND[5449]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq)
Aug 8 18:42:01 net23 CROND[5465]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq)

errortaskq.log:

2020:08:08-18:21:04: ConfigFile::writeFile(./data/users/admin/user.conf) : Timestamp from when it was read is different, overwriting anyway
2020:08:08-18:21:04: ConfigFile::writeFile(./data/users/admin/reseller.conf) : Timestamp from when it was read is different, overwriting anyway
2020:08:08-18:39:01: User admin has back with creator=root. Changing it to creator=root
2020:08:08-18:39:01: ConfigFile::writeFile(/etc/virtual/xxxx.nl/quota) : Timestamp from when it was read is different, overwriting anyway
2020:08:08-18:39:04: Error restoring admin: Unable to read %s's package file %s for restoring: %sadmin/home/admin/backups/backup/packages/reselpakket1.pkg<br>
<br>

2020:08:08-18:39:04: ConfigFile::writeFile(./data/users/admin/user.conf) : Timestamp from when it was read is different, overwriting anyway
2020:08:08-18:39:04: ConfigFile::writeFile(./data/users/admin/reseller.conf) : Timestamp from when it was read is different, overwriting anyway

P.S.2:
On my other server with the latest DirecAdmin, I have the same issue:

Afther a fresh Backup and Restore:

"Unable to read %s's package file %s for restoring: %sadmin/home/admin/backups/backup/packages/pakket24.pkg"
"Unable to read %s's package file %s for restoring: %sadmin/home/admin/backups/backup/packages/pakket25.pkg"
"Unable to read %s's package file %s for restoring: %sadmin/home/admin/backups/backup/packages/pakket26.pkg"
"Unable to read %s's package file %s for restoring: %sadmin/home/admin/backups/backup/packages/pakket27.pkg"

Both Servers:
CentOS 7Directadmin: 1.61.3

Apache 2.4.46 Running
DirectAdmin 1.61.3 Running
Exim 4.94 Running
MySQL 5.7.30 Running
Named 9.11.4 Running
sshd Running
dovecot 2.3.10.1 (a3d0e1171) Running
pure-ftpd 1.0.49 Running
Php 7.4.9 Installed

So it seams ?? a software issue ??