roundcube multiple login

SeLLeRoNe

Super Moderator
Hi,

a customer of mine is asking to be able with multiple firefox windows to log from same login screen (webmail roundcube) to log with multiple account..

firefox window 1
ex. domainA.com/webmail
log as [email protected]

firefox window 2
ex. domainA.com/webmail
log as [email protected]

firefox window 3
ex. domainA.com/webmail
log as [email protected]

Now roundcube keep the session and the second window open will always be "alraedy logged" with latest logged user on firefox.

There is something i can change for this? Any clue?

Thanks

Regards

I don't believe you can; my understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong) session tracking is controlled by cookies, and the browser sees all cookies between all windows/tabs. If I'm wrong, then someone please correct me.

The way I get around the problem is to have multiple browsers; i.e, Firefox, Chrome, etc. You'd expect Chrome to be able to do it, since Google tells us it keeps each tab/window separately. But no, I've just tried; it; it doesn't work either.

Jeff

I see, thanks Jeff.

I had already check on roundcube website. My customer was complaining me cause his old hosting company had the ability to open multiple window and connect each one to a different mail account.

Prolly doenst use browser cookies :)

Thanks for time spent on it

Regards

Will you give a link to the hosting company website? Or direct to webmail?

cause his old hosting company had the ability to open multiple window and connect each one to a different mail account

And does aruba.it offer roundcube? By the link you gave there is XandMail(?).

No no, maybe i was not clear, they dont offer roundcube... i was just sayung that customer was complaining me for this... But, yep XandMail i saw the link now... i will check if that is also free and can be integrated with a DA base :)

Regards

Back