RVSiteBuilder with DA, nothing but problems

MaxPower

Verified User
I'm I the only one having problems with RVSiteBuilder, is there not an alternative??

I mean it seems to be endless bugs or issues with RVSiteBuilder on my server.

My customer concerns:

"unable to perform a lot of functions on the WSYWIG editor such as inserting or editing images. I get a blank or error dialog box so I am unable to complete my website."

"Also, in the file management section of the site (Step 5) I am unable to delete unwanted pages. When I click the delete button, the dialog box does not accept my "OK" response."

updated RVSiteBuilder and DA to fix, now endless error..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MESSAGE: include_once(/usr/local/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/var/cache/entities/Rvs_layout_template.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
TYPE: Warning
FILE: /usr/local/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/lib/pear/DB/DataObject.php
LINE: 2930

--MESSAGE: include_once(): Failed opening '/usr/local/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/var/cache/entities/Rvs_layout_template.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/lib/pear:/usr/local/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/lib:.:/usr/local/lib/php')
TYPE: Warning
FILE: /usr/local/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/lib/pear/DB/DataObject.php
LINE: 2930

--
Fatal error: Call to undefined method DB_DataObject_Error::find() in /usr/local/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/modules/sitebuilder/classes/SitebuilderDao/LayoutTemplateDao.php on line 257

Last edited:
Failed to open means the path to the file is wrong. Open a ticket with rvsitebuilder.

Of course I did that, but you know how RVSiteBuilders customers service is... "get to you, whenever we get to you.."

well all they said was try this..

perl /usr/local/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilderinstaller/autoinstaller.cgi

Here is my rant- one of a very few in 35 years - on their forum, sorry but this ticks me...

When I got the email that V5 was ready, I had a big grin and proceeded to upgrade instantly. After the upgrade the grin starting to turn, first to a bewildered look and eventually into an outright frown.
After 35 plus years I have become accustomed to software companies that were concerned for their customers and their own integrity would only put out updated major versions that were production ready. To be fair this is for the DirecAdmin versions and not cPanel which I have no knowledge about and my experience so far.. Well, after the 5.0 install, I could not upload backups, change page content, preview or publish anything. Support ticket sent and they looked at my setup and said 5.01 would fix my problem. Installed 5.01, still no upload of backup, going back and forth on the menus was impossible and the whole system seemed a little unstable and once in a while would freeze up. Another support ticket, Oh Ver. 5.02 will fix your problem, well guess what, it did not, It did fix a number of issues and I can now update pages and preview/publish. But the main thing I need,,, does not work,,, I and my customers need to upload pictures and have them display - not possible with 5.2 . Another support ticket (actually they all were combined as a continuous ticket).. this time YEP,, Ver. 5.03 will fix your problem, this has been over a week and no production version available and I could lose customers over this. I guess I'm too old fashioned and expect quality work, but for sure putting out non production (maybe beta) software is not what I call Quality! It would be nice to have a link to re-install the 4.? version if they cannot get a working version out in a reasonable time.. much less a Production version that is NOT,, Sorry this is one of a very few rants I have made but over the years I have seen a steady decline in quality of work and so many accepting this as the norm. I can do little or nothing about it but I will not promote or use something that the developers cannot or will not fix after putting it out as an update that is production ready.

Actual thanks. A rant, I suppose, but you saved me both money and work. I guess I'm still awaiting a usable Site Builder for DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Actual thanks. A rant, I suppose, but you saved me both money and work. I guess I'm still awaiting a usable Site Builder for DirectAdmin.

Jeff

That's interesting, I upgraded to the V5 and seems to be working just fine.. *

* So far?!

-----------------------------------------------

Just checked the upload, etc.. you're right Hostu.. RVSiteBuilder V5 does not work with DA.

SiteZen they were just rip off artists.. they never sent out any release to owners of their product, they sold their software to CPanel and ran for the hills.. typical ..

The siteZen website is no longer available.

On 02/01/2012, the SiteZen has been discontinued as a commercial product.
A release will be made available to current license holders that will enable continued use of the software.

All website properties, including have been disabled.
Technical Support is no longer available
No future updates to the software will be provided.

As a owner of the license you will be granted use of the current version without limitations or restrictions.

http://www.sitereptile.com works with DirectAdmin...

Last edited:
dont buy rvsitebuilder

we try it since many month

its always broken .. we pay for nothing .. its really not fine .. and they to always make change.. and always we need open ticket and lost time ... its really a big **** !!! i have cancel now...sorry for my english

they are really looser.. i never see more bad products...

Last edited:
RVSiteBuilder

Also had a lot of problems with RVSiteBuilder, now with v 5.0.11, they seem to have fixed all issues. At least they release updates and bug fixes, SiteZen just left us in the cold. There isn't any other good Site Builders for DA that I know off?

Back