Send only email accounts?

WholesaleDialup

Verified User
Anyone know a way to restrict an email account or possibly an entire domain of email accounts to have Send Only permissions?

Basically I need email accounts that do NOT receive mail but allow the users to send email through them. I have this working now with SurgeMail but I really dislike that product overall and have mostly moved away from it.

Any way to duplicate this behavior on DA?

Thanks..

Anyone know a way to restrict an email account or possibly an entire domain of email accounts to have Send Only permissions?

Basically I need email accounts that do NOT receive mail but allow the users to send email through them. I have this working now with SurgeMail but I really dislike that product overall and have mostly moved away from it.

Thanks..

There are multiple ways to fake this behavior.
- Limit the inbox per email account to a very small size like 1MB.
- Run a cronjob that clears email inboxes like http://objectmix.com/imap/200876-easiest-way-empty-mailbox-linux.html
- Post this in feature request

I'm sure you have a good reason to do this. I believe that RFCs require that all email addresses be required to receive email.

That said, the easiest way to do these is to create for that domain only one email address (forward it to :blackhole: if you must), and then have everyone using outgoing email on that account simply use that mailboxname/password for outgoing authentication. Works fine. No reason the From address must match the outgoing authentication.

Jeff

Back