service 'named' is currently down

AriyanPayamak

Verified User
I have the same problem
After the update, unfortunately this problem was created for my server

What should I do?

Possibly concurrent use
These services have created this problem.
proftpd and pure-ftpd

But I do not know how they are activated?

Subject: The service 'named' on server server9.url.com is currently down
This message has been automatically generated notifying you that the service named is currently down.

but pure-ftpd is of :(
error.png

proftpd and pure-ftpd
I don't think that is an issue, since normally you can only use one of these, not both at the same time.
As far as I can see in your status file, the pure-ftpd is off, so not running. You should check out why.

Is ProFTPD running now? If yes, we can fix that too, but we need to know of you want to use proftpd or pure-ftpd, however I would suggest running pure-ftpd.

First lets check your named issue.

Login via SSH and issue the following command and see if you find any errors:
service named restart
or if you are using Debian or Ubuntu it probably is something like
service bind restart

- What OS are you using?
- What DA version?
- What was the update you're talking about.

P.s. I've seen your sad smiley on my reaction in the other thread, but there is so much changed in som many years. Even sometimes in even a couple of years. Next to that, some problems might seem the same, but can be cause by something totally different.
Also thread starters of the or people following it then, can also get again notifications which they don't need anymore.
So in most situations it's just best to create a new thread.

I will be glad to try and help you, like others here on the forums.

Untitled.png
i run service named restart in ssh :
service named restart : error

DirectAdmin Values
Compiled onCentOS 6.0 64-bit
End-Of-LifeThis OS is now end-of-life. Future automated updates may fail.
Compile DateSat Jan 1 00:00:00 2022
Server Version1.63.8
Current Available Version1.63.8

Richard G Thank you for your guidance.
😍

Last edited:
First... please don't use the reply button as this quotes full posts, and I know what I wrote. ;)
Using the quickreply box below keeps things more neat and better overview, more clear.
As for my guidance, you're welcome, I like to be of help to people.

Ah Centos 6... Be aware that this can cause issues in the near future.

Oke I had a look at the output of your command. It seems that the domain 142templatebank.* (is that .ir or something?) has no db file.
Also it seems this is put in as a reversed zone, because I see \226\128\142templatebank... etc. So I guess there should be a \ between 142 and templatebank also.

So it seems your nameconf is not in order. Best is to remove this reverse entry, because you don't need this and as you see causes issues.
The other domains are loading fine. It's just that one.

If that one is removed and named is restarted, it should be running. If not, run this command from ssh console as root.
named-checkconf /etc/named.conf
check for errors.

If it's working fine, we can investigate why pure-ftpd is not running.
However, be aware that I'm gone this evening so it could take around 5 hours for me to be back and answer again.
But maybe somebody else already also will help in between.

thank you

Richard G

I tested the command sent.
named-checkconf /etc/named.conf
Nothing special happened
There was nothing in the file.

Template bank for this domain
2 IDs are created with a domain on Direct Admin.
I deleted one of them

In addition to this error I see another error:
[root@server9 ~]# service named restart Stopping named: . [ OK ] Starting named: [ OK ] [root@server9 custombuild]# cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild [root@server9 custombuild]# ./build update_full ######################################################################### 100.0% Extracting custombuild.tar.gz... Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Update Process Determining fastest mirrors YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file. Eg. Invalid release/repo/arch combination/ removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6/base/mirrorlist.txt Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base ######################################################################### 100.0% Extracting custombuild.tar.gz... Updating Dovecot Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Install Process Determining fastest mirrors YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file. Eg. Invalid release/repo/arch combination/ removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6/base/mirrorlist.txt Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Error getting repository data for cloudlinux-scl-release, repository not found Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Install Process Determining fastest mirrors YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file. Eg. Invalid release/repo/arch combination/ removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6/base/mirrorlist.txt Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Install Process Determining fastest mirrors YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file. Eg. Invalid release/repo/arch combination/ removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6/base/mirrorlist.txt Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base Installing dovecot 2.3.18 ... Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.3.18.tar.gz Extracting ... Done. Patching syslog with LOG_PID ... Patching maildirlock utility... patching file src/util/maildirlock.c Configuring dovecot 2.3.18 ... ./build: line 25102: scl: command not found *** There was an error while trying to configure dovecot. Please check configure/dovecot/configure.dovecot file. [root@server9 custombuild]#

I do not know !
Everything is mixed up

In addition to this error I see another error:
[root@server9 ~]# service named restart
Stopping named: . [ OK ]
Starting named: [ OK ]
Seems named at least is starting and running again.

As for the other issue, that seems indeed a cloudlinux thing or...
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
Could also be a firewall or other thing.
You might want to have a look at the link below. That is for Centos 7 but can also fix for Centos 6.
Otherwise you have to contact Cloudlinux like Active8 said.

Back