Shared IP trouble

NextIT

Verified User
Hi There,

I've converted a normal user to a reseller user using the dausertool.pl utility, which doesn't gave me any error messages. But, when I try to create a new user with this new reseller account I get the following error message:

Unable to create a User
Details
You must first own an IP

This reseller account is supposed to use the shared server IP. I've compared the configuration files from this new reseller and another resseller account without any problems, but I can't find any differences. Both accounts have their shared IP in the ip.list file, and ip=shared in their reseller.conf file.

What should I change to get this working?

Thanks!
Bart

Hello,

That message will appear when DA can't find any IP's in the ip.list file. Go to Admin Panel -> IP Manager -> select the server IP, select the resellers name, and then click "Assign to".

If you check /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/reseller/ip.list, the IP needs to be in there.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Go to Admin Panel -> IP Manager -> select the server IP, select the resellers name, and then click "Assign to".
That fixed it.

If you check /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/reseller/ip.list, the IP needs to be in there.
Well, as I've said, the shared IP was already in there. Strange, but true :)

Help you with what? You haven't asked any question.

We really aren't mindreaders ;) .

Jeff

What is NextIT?

Jeff

I've converted a normal user to a reseller user using the dausertool.pl utility, which doesn't gave me any error messages. But, when I try to create a new user with this new reseller account I get the following error message:

Unable to create a User
Details
You must first own an IP

This reseller account is supposed to use the shared server IP. I've compared the configuration files from this new reseller and another resseller account without any problems, but I can't find any differences. Both accounts have their shared IP in the ip.list file, and ip=shared in their reseller.conf file.

What should I change to get this working?

Sorry; I should have realized that was a user on the thread.

If it's not the problem that DA support posts as the possible answer, then I'd say you should probably contact the provider of the third-party-tool dausertool.pl.

It doesn't come with DirectAdmin, and I'm not sure how to help you.

Jeff

Back