[Solved] Unable to remove IP(s)

Wanabo

Verified User
I've added extra ip addresses to two users, then gave some domains the extra ip and removed the standard ip.
When I wanted to reverse this I've got an error.

First adding the standard ip, then removing the extra ip goes without problem.
But when I edit/modify the user and delete the extra ip I get this error:
Code:
Unable to remove IP(s)

An error occurred while writing the ftp files: Can't open vhosts file for reading

But the ip is removed from the user, but still visable in admin->list all users

How to fix?

(Whish: show used ip addresses per domain in list all users.)

Last edited:
It might be you have to wait for the tally for some things, I'm not sure.
Did you try to run the tally manually?

Thanks for the report.
I'm assuming you've got:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep unified_ftp_password_file
showing unified_ftp_password_file=1, which all new installs would get by default. I've added an extra check to never attempt adding/removing FTP vhosts if that's the case.

If you have unified_ftp_password_file=0, then it assumes you've got /etc/proftpd.vhosts.conf, for "owned IPs" being listed there, thus allowing "ftpaccount" ftp logins, instead of "[email protected]" logins, for that IP. We don't really recommend unified_ftp_password_file=0 anymore as it adds extra, unneeded complexity.

The fix should be available in about 10 minutes in the pre-release area.

Thanks,
John

@Richard G, I did not start any tally. Now 8 hours later still showing the deleted ip's.

@DirectAdmin Support. Yes I have:
Code:
# /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep unified_ftp_password_file
unified_ftp_password_file=1

I'll report back later when I have the time to get the pre-release.

Installed the pre release 10 minutes ago. Checking page :2222/admin/users and the deleted ip's are cleaned up now.
Thanks for the fix. Solved.

Stupidly enough I did not checked before installing the pre release if the deleted ip's were still present. They were this morning, see previous post.

Found one addtional problem.

When removing the extra ip from the user (not removing it beforehand at the domain) the dns entries for that domain are incomplete. All A records are gone. I fixed it manually.
Please make it so that the default ip from the user is substituted for the A records when removing an extra ip at the user level.

Found one addtional problem.

When removing the extra ip from the user (not removing it beforehand at the domain) the dns entries for that domain are incomplete. All A records are gone. I fixed it manually.
Please make it so that the default ip from the user is substituted for the A records when removing an extra ip at the user level.
Thanks for the report. Bug found/fixed simply be re-ordering the time at which the backup IP is added to the domain+zone (BEFORE removing the final IP)

Pre-release binaries available in 10 minutes.

Back