Something amazing will be constructed here... Does not get removed automatically

Frank3232

Hello.
So when creating a new domain the default index.html will be in the public_html folder. When installing wordpress, or using sitepad pro it puts index.php in there but does not remove the index.html. This results so the website still showing the same default page. How do I solve this?

Just delete index.html or rename index.html to index.html.old or something like that.

or change index priority, for example for Apache:
/etc/httpd/conf/extra/httpd-directoryindex.conf
you can set:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml index.phtml
so server will try to load index.php first, if can't find it - then try index.html and so on..

Please help, my webpage says:
Something amazing will be constructed here...

i dont know what to do
maybe you have both index.html and index.php in your public_html, where index.html it's default file, and index.php real website start-file, so you need to change index priority or just remove index.html (rename it to something like indexold.html)

Ask the creators from Sitepad to include the function to check automatically for a possible index.html to delete.

maybe you have both index.html and index.php in your public_html, where index.html it's default file, and index.php real website start-file, so you need to change index priority or just remove index.html (rename it to something like indexold.html)
Hi! Thanks for answer, but i cant solve it, look when i remove or rename it, my webpage lands on an error: 403 forbidden, You don't have permission to access this resource.

What do i have to do now

You don't have permission to access this resource.
Did you even upload your website correctly? Check the contents of the index.html file.

What do i have to do now
Well I don't want to be blunt but.... to be honest... what you should have done in the first place. This forum is a support forum for DA customers, not for end users. So you should have contacted your host.
He might have some other configuration in place or some missing configuration. Hard to say, but your host is the first place to contact for support on hosting matters and website issues. ;)

Hi! I have contacted my host, he said that i have to do this:
"I see that you have an active website here: (my web)you should upload an index.html file with a redirect to that directory."

But i dont know how to do this, if anyone can help me i would be grateful

Your website should have an index.php or index.html as start page.
So normally you just place your website in your public_html directory.

Sorry I don't support website building, this is a support forum for DA customers not for end users.
I suggest you ask at a computer forum, or the first place which should get you help, being your hoster.

If they give you an answer and you don't know how to do that, you reply them with that question.

Back