spamassassin whitelist authenticated users

twv

Verified User
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but since I'm using spamblocker2 exim.conf I guess it goes here.

Is it possible to configure things so that outgoing mail from authenticated users is not scanned by spamassassin? One of my users has an IP address that is on a Spamhaus list and mail that he sends to coworkers is incorrectly marked as spam.

Did you try one of the whitelist files in /etc/virtual

/etc/virtual/whitelist_hosts
/etc/virtual/whitelist_hosts_ip
/etc/virtual/whitelist_senders

No, because I'd like it to apply to all users if possible.

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but since I'm using spamblocker2 exim.conf I guess it goes here.

Is it possible to configure things so that outgoing mail from authenticated users is not scanned by spamassassin? One of my users has an IP address that is on a Spamhaus list and mail that he sends to coworkers is incorrectly marked as spam.

If I understand the question correct, I'd rather say that outgoing messages which are send by authenticated users are never get checked by spamassassin by default, unless you or somebody else asked by you made exim to check outgoing emails.

Related http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=36

If the coworkers use the same domain to host email boxes, then messages are checked when they turn to be incoming. And since the email is incoming the term "from authenticated users" could not be applied here. So you should either whitelist it in the way suggested by user scsi or directly on spamassassin page for the domain.

If the coworkers use the same domain to host email boxes, then messages are checked when they turn to be incoming. And since the email is incoming the term "from authenticated users" could not be applied here. So you should either whitelist it in the way suggested by user scsi or directly on spamassassin page for the domain.

You're right, thanks. I added the whitelist.

outgoing messages which are send by authenticated users are never get checked by spamassassin by default, unless you or somebody else asked by you made exim to check outgoing emails.
Just to verify that this is correct. SpamAssassin doesn't check outbound emails of any kind, not even emails being forwarded off the servers. As defined in the exim.conf files installed with DirectAdmin or my SpamBlocker exim.conf files, SpamAssassin only checks emails destined for local users; it's called as part of the local delivery chain.

Jeff

Back