SpamBlocker3 includes Clam-AV support

How did you install ClamAV? If you didn't use the method I suggested then you have to change the reference in exim.conf to the proper socket; the line that needs to be changed is the av_scanner line. Then be sure to restart exim.

Jeff

Again: i installed with apt-get and i DID change the socket referer line...

Hey,

May be a silly question... Did you restart exim afterwards?

Also, what does an "ls -l" of "/var/spool/exim" look like?

David

skruf said:
Did you restart exim afterwards?
Duh! :)
Also, what does an "ls -l" of "/var/spool/exim" look like?

ls -l /var/spool/exim/
totaal 16
drwxr-xr-x 2 mail mail 4096 2006-10-27 17:06 db
drwxr-xr-x 2 mail mail 4096 2007-01-07 21:15 input
drwxr-xr-x 2 mail mail 4096 2007-01-07 21:15 msglog
drwxrwxrwx 2 mail mail 4096 2007-01-02 09:34 scan

as you can see, the scan dir is 777 so there realy shouldn't be a problem for clamav...

I don't know why your install of ClamAV isn't working.

Perhaps someone who used a similar install can help you.

Or perhaps you can remove the version you added, and add the one I've pointed to and see if that works.

Jeff

just removed the debian clamav packages and installed from source (yahg :/)

but its working now, finally :)

Hi,

Is this still considered beta? If so, when will Spamblocker be considered a stable release?

Thanks,

Dec

Probably today, as I've decided to not add any additional features to it at this time.

Once I release it, then it'll be up to DirectAdmin to pick it up and release it as a DA standard if they wish.

Jeff

Probably today, as I've decided to not add any additional features to it at this time.

Once I release it, then it'll be up to DirectAdmin to pick it up and release it as a DA standard if they wish.

Jeff

Thanks. I will be waiting for your announcement.

I know it's slipped a day. The problem is I hve to find all the problems and get them into all the versions. I was too busy yesterday; I hope I can do it today (it's 06:45 here so we still have a whole day ahead of us :) ).

Jeff

Back