SSL and Subdomains not associated with SSL cert

squid44th

Verified User
Ok situation is, I have a UCC SSL for my site. I have listed 4 items so far, all are xxx.domain.com (but are not subdomains, but redirected to other IP's at our office. Oh and i also have public and private_html merged with the checkbox. ( i also tried it with both active and get same results). I am also running wordpress in the root with the xxx.com/page as the permalinks. there is no page called "emp" either.

question is...when I actually create a sub-domain i really want, it throws this error

"This site can’t be reached
emp.xxxx.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

Error log produces...

"[ssl:warn] [pid 913] AH01909: www.emp.xxxx.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name"

it is not supposed to be https. This also happens for ftp.xxxx.com. All the SSL sites work just fine.

Hello,

If you don't want subdomains to be accessed via HTTPS you should either create them as self-standing domains with their own public_html and disabled SSL (if you still want to have site under that subdomain), or use DNS to create records there if you need only to point them to another hardware or location.

Created subdomain as new domain

Ok created a new domain emp.xxxx.com and disabled the SSL and has vanilla settings last night.

did not work as planned, still get same results as before this morning. I will just use the www.xxxx.com/emp instead, that works. But thanks you for the suggestion.

What exactly did not work? By the way those warnings about SSL are safe to ignore.

As for this error:

Code:
"This site can’t be reached
emp.xxxx.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

You most likely use 3rd party NameServers for your domains, that's it can not be found after you added into Directadmin. You should update DNS zone for it first.

The domain xxxx.com uses:

Name Server: NS-1188.AWSDNS-20.ORG
Name Server: NS-1570.AWSDNS-04.CO.UK
Name Server: NS-222.AWSDNS-27.COM
Name Server: NS-747.AWSDNS-29.NET

Last edited:
Figured it out

It seems that our IT company has set our internal DNS to manual, meaning every subdomain has to be manually entered locally and a flushdns needs to happen. Once that is done everything is fine. But i did try all the things you mentioned to no avail locally.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Back