Support for Ubuntu 22.04

=NickJ=

Hi all, I was wondering whether support for Ubuntu 22.04 was on the roadmap (I searched and couldn't find anything)? I've had a fairly decent amount of success but there's probably things I've missed so I was hoping to wait for it to be official before using it in production. Quick summary of the steps I needed to take to get DA to install:

I have been able to get a working install set up by:
  • Building a custom tarball of 4.96-RC0 and manual editing versions.txt to match the md5 to get it to install
  • Creating a custom Makefile as documented to include the new PCRE2 libs
  • Install exim_conf but rm -rf /etc/exim.srs* and comment out the single srs_ block in exim.conf

I haven't been able to verify whether this actually works for receiving mail yet but the service starts and I can run exim --version without errors.

Any pointers towards any glaring mistakes here would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
I think compatibility will come after first hotfix in July, 22.04.1
Till August there is no sense put it to production.

I have to set up a new system within the next 2 weeks and would like to use 22.04, too. Any official info on this?

I decided to go with Debian 11 instead in the end which actually makes much more sense, it was only released last August so has had about 8 months in the wild which is perfect from a new vs. stable perspective. I also use Python extensively so having 3.9 in Debian 11 vs. 3.8 in Ubuntu 20.04 really swung it for me.

• Edit /etc/debian_release to be bullseye/sid instead of bookworm/sid due to setup.sh not recognising Debian 12-based distros yet
  • PHP needs to be set to 8.1 due to OpenSSL 3.0 https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=81540&edit=1
These 2 have been fixed in latest version of CustomBuild and installation scripts. Exim is yet to be fixed (when they release 4.96).

New installs should work fine on Ubuntu 22.04 now. I'd like to note PHP 8.1 is the only version supported at this time.

Back