suspend account but allow login to directadmin

Lem0nHead

Verified User
I think it would be nice if there were an option to allow suspended accounts (specially by bandwidth usage) to still login to DirectAdmin, maybe with restricted access

for example, it may be important for the user to check their bandwidth usage in case the account has been suspended for this reason

If they are suspended they should be contacting their hosting provider.

If they are suspended they should be contacting their hosting provider.

yes, some hosting companies may prefer that way
I'd prefer if the user can access their stats

so that's why I'm requesting an OPTION for that

There are alot more things directadmin needs to focus on instead of something like this. They would have to change alot of code to make this work.

There are alot more things directadmin needs to focus on instead of something like this. They would have to change alot of code to make this work.

ok
anyway, that's my suggestion/request
let the developer set their priorities

Hello,

Since bandwidth usage is the only automated way an acccount gets suspended (by default) that would be the only reason that would be suspended, thus it wouldn't really be needed. If the admin suspends the accuont for another reason (say abuse) then there should be contact with the user anyway. Also, DA suspensions assume that the User cannot login, so as to not be able to change any files/paths that DA changed, so out of design, we wouldn't be able to do it.

However, what may be useful to you would be to have Users setup their own bandwidth limits for their doamins, independant of their User accounts if they still need to be able to login.

User Level -> Domain Setup -> domain.com -> set a lower bandwith limit.

What that would do is have DA supsend the domain for them, but not their DA account. They would still be in control of it though, since it's their own limit, not the Resellers, so 99% of Users would always have it maxed out to the User limit anyway.

John

hm, that's interesting
so what happens if I have an account with a single domain configured like:
1) domain bandwidth: 4999 MBs
2) account bandwidth: 5000 MBs

and, by the end of the day, when tally runs, it counts the account used 5200 MBs?

(I believe it would suspend the account also)

Yes, the account and the domain would be suspended.

The per-domain bandwidth limits are there mainly for when a User has multiple domains and doesn't want both domains to go down if one uses too much.. so 50% each for example. Like if the User was offering mini-webhosting within his 1 User account and each domain was giving him 'x' amout of money for bandwidth (for example)

John

Back