System backup problem

Do you get an error in the messaging system when the backup is complete?

Which backup program are you using? DirectAdmin includes two. The Admin Reseller Backup/Transfer program and the System Backup. If the System Backup you're pretty much on your own, though it has several configuration files they're a bit arcane, and DirectAdmin, while still including it, now probably expects most people are using the Admin Reseller Backup/Transfer program.

And another thing: there's no restore system for backups made with System Backup; use it and need it, and you're on your own.

I can restore a System Backup but it takes hours, and I charge by the hour :D.

Jeff

NoBaloney2, take a look at the subject

System Backup on Admin Level is used for backups of system files and configs, which can be restored only manually if it's needed. So you'd better backup your users with either Admin Backup/Transfer or User Backups on reseller level, or even both if you need it.

With that information you gave to us, there is no way to help you without having either more details or root access to your server. So please provide some logs, configs of your backups, or hire somebody to have a look at your server from inside.

Thank you for response, but it's not what I asked for.
There are so many ways to configure the System Backup, both through the interface and by manually configuring the files, that it's impossible to tell without doing some forensic work on the server.

Personally I like the response; in fact I switched from System Backup to the Admin Reseller Backup/Restore some time ago.

Jeff

Back