Tested DirectAdmin on FreeBSD 6.2?

Rich-Boy

Verified User
It looks like I upgraded from freeBSD 5.4 to 6.1 at the worst possible time, theres an annoying bug in the OS which locks processes (namely unreal ircd) which was fixed in the 6.2-R version released shortly after.

My question is has anyone confirmed that DA works under FBSD 6.2-R and if there was any problems doing so? I'm only asking as 6.2 isnt listed as an OS that DA supports.

Thanks
Chris

I have it running on a sandbox machine at my house perfectly fine. Installed ok, started ok, ran ok, no problems at all.

Ok cool. Just another quick question so i can avoid as much downtime as possible, i guess you have to get a new DA license since the version of your OS has changed? Does this take long?

Not too long, couple hours after I bought it/paid for it they had it activated and ready. Are you using a lifetime license that you bought or are you getting license through host as an include with server?

I ask because if you are using a lifetime you own, instead of buying another one and having one sit around after the move, you can contact directadmin and setup a 30 day license to use during the transfer and then have them switch your current license to the new system type and save some money.

If it is just through your host then it should be active as soon as the server is up because I think they dont have to wait for activation, I've had VPS' with directadmin up within 30min before.

I am a new DA user and installed and moved about 100 sites on my server with FreeBSD all within about 48 hours. So far so good. As long as you are a capabable sysadmin and can troubleshoot some small issues you should be fine. I managed to do lots of custom changes with little problem (like eaccelerator).

Back