Thanks to Mark and John! Guys you are the best! of the best!

cdedicated

Verified User
Thanks to Mark and John! Guys you are the best! of the best!

They did to me full conversion of cpanel into DA with all accounts and dbs and emails!!
and they even installed for me IPTABLES and configured it!
They going extra mile for the customers ,thats great!

DirectAdmin is the best experience I ever had with control panels, The control panel is extremely fast, bugles, and very optimized!

And the super good support and service which i have from mark and john is the best ever!

Guys thanks a lot for your GREAT job!!!
Keep your great service!

Last edited:
Does that mean we should except a cpanel to DA conversion tool any time soon? :D

l0rdphi1 said:
Does that mean we should except a cpanel to DA conversion tool any time soon? :D

Well ,Possible. Because now Mark and John learned more about cpanel and how cpanel works ,this will help them to create this kind of tool in the future.

Create this tool is not easy at all ,because there is a lot of steps to do for each account before this account ready to be imported into DA.

If I were converting a cpanel install over I wouldn't do it without writing a tool as I go. (Then I'd only have to actually convert manually 1 user.)

Oh well.

l0rdphi1 said:

As far as I know the answer is simply - no - not for a while at least possibly not at all.

I wont go into anything for a few reasons, although I think the CPanel > DA conversion mentioned there was a one-off type thing ( as above - I am not going to go into reasons although if cdedicated wants to mention he, of course can :) )

To extend on why the transfer could be a problem, firstly DA does not currently have a way to create accounts from command line, emails are stored differenly to cpanel (cpanel uses the directory format rather than single file). Also, passwords are more than likely encrypted for everything apart from mysql databases.

To cut a long reason short there is simply more to the conversion than simply moving html folders to the correct paths and dropping databases into /var/lib/mysql.

Chris

Of course they're completely different - like Mac & Windows :)

I'd write the tool myself if I had a cpanel and DA server, and I needed to transfer multiple users.

Oh well. Maybe some day :)

Back