The Planet old EV1 datacenter down

As I indicated in this thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=5138529&posted=1#post5138529

If anyone that has a directadmin box in ThePlanet needs temporary housing, I'll be happy to make provisions on a NON HOSTPC branded server temporarily, at no charge, while I have room available.

If you need help and have your data - or need to just setup blank sites for email purposes, let me know via email to [email protected] - or call my cell phone directly: (979)985-5488
http://www.hostpc.com/community/showthread.php?t=3750

Last edited:
Well, webhostingtalk mod's slapped my hand for making the offer there - but the offer still stands. We're willing to help out if we can.

Webostingtalk can be quite inflexible.

Right now we can't even see the official status update thread in The Planet forums; it times out.

Jeff

Current status is they're running new transformers and lines, waiting on network equiptment from their vendors and then they have a LOT of rewiring to do.

Unofficial estimates from my contacts at TP are saying 3-5 DAYS for everything to be restored. Tho that SOUNDS like a long time, there's a LOT of cleanup, ordering and work that needs to be done - rebuilding electrical circuits, network and IP propogation aren't done immediately - but it will get done.

Well, the status page is back.

Here's my suggestion to anyone hosted at The Planet's Houston data center that is down at the moment.

"No one really has any idea of an ETA. When you ask for one you're asking someone to lie to you. So don't ask. Have you ever seen an electrical explosion and fire? I saw the results of a small grease fire in a restaurant my father owned years ago. It took about two weeks to repair the damage and about two months to get all the permitting done to reopen.

"So if you've got contingency plans, use them.

"If you don't, make them."

How can I get away with saying that? Easy: We're on hiatus; we're not renting out servers again until some time in August. So I'm not doing it to get business but rather to put it in perspective.

Jeff

We're happy to report that we've been able to provision space for 9 customers already - and still have some space left that we've allocated for this short term use.

If you need space as an emergency fill, please contact us, we'll do what we can to help as long as we have space available.

Back