remikk

Verified User
transfer account another problem

Hi

Many threads say about migrate accounts from DA to DA but I have problem

I have many IP to use, so I use procedure:
1. Change IP for account.
2. Suspend account.
3. Backup and restore on DA2 with IP on another IP.
4. And now on DA2 I'd like to set IP from DA1 for this account. So I should remove IP from DA1.
At point 4 I have problem. I can't remove IP from DA1 because it is assigned to account which I want to transfer to DA2.
I can't remove account from DA1 as far as I will be sure that everything is ok on DA2.
Also, on DA1 I have main nameserver (ns1.domain.com) which will be move to DA2 after all accounts will be move to DA2.

So what way should I choose ?
I need all server DA1 (with ns1) to DA2 with all accounts.

Last edited:
You can temporarily turn off any IP# from the command line. How you do that depends on your OS distribution.

Jeff

I use procedure:
1. Change IP on old server
2. Turn off IP from command line.
3. Suspend account
4. Backup and restore on new server.
5. Unsuspend.
6. Assign the same address on new server to account.

But I have problem. Some domains and e-mail accounts send e-mails between servers now.
For example: a.com (new server but on old server still suspend) b.com (still old server). When [email protected] send email to [email protected] then has message "Unrouteable address".
so i think old server search domain on old server and if find then send. Beacuse account is suspend then I have unrouteable address. How I can give information to use new server ?
I can't delete account on old server because nameservers are still on old server.
Please help me.

Make sure that the MX on the old server is unchecked. Make sure that the DNS on the old server matches the DNS on the new server (it should, because you're using the same domain).

Jeff

jlasman thanks. I had to uncheck mail server. I never seen this option. :) Your answers are always helpful :)

Everything looks great but.... I have big problem. I found one account which doesn't transfer FTP accounts. User had on old server 5 virtual FTP account, after transfer to new server 0 virtual FTP account.
I can't transfer again because on new server all account working. How I can transfer only FTP account for all accounts ?
Is it bug DA ?

EDIT:
I check more accounts and I found 5 more which don't have transfered FTP accounts. Ftp.passwd on new server are empty.

Last edited:
How did you define, that accounts was not transferred?
Are records for them missing in /etc/proftpd.passwd ?
Or you dont's see them in Directadmin?
Does option
Code:
ftpsep
have the same value or does it differ on both server?

Code:
grep ftpsep /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf
ftpsep=-

If they differ, you won't be able to see additional FTP accounts in DA.

I don't have option ftpsep on any servers.
Only
ftpconfig=/etc/proftpd.conf
ftppasswd=/etc/proftpd.passwd
ftpvhosts=/etc/proftpd.vhosts.conf
on both servers in directadmin.conf

proftpd.passwd same on both servers

I think problem is beceause ftp.passwd in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/$USER/ are empty after transfer. But now I can't transfer all accounts again. I can only copy ftp.passwd to new server, but manually is difficult for many accounts.

Last edited:
Perhaps, you'll want hire somebody to do that work for you.
Or prbably you'll write a simple script for it.

Back