Translations Website: https://translate.directadmin.com/

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We've added a Weblate website for the DirectAdmin backend, and Evolution skin, ready for community contributions:

This should finally provide a centralized location for language management, and eventually we'll have an simple/automatic way for language selection without any manual downloads (possibly bundled within DA itself for each release, may take a poll on that when the time comes)

John

Hi!

How a new language can be added? Only English is available

And, If it I now have a translated version in .po, can me merged?

Thanks
Regards

Hi!

How a new language can be added? Only English is available

And, If it I now have a translated version in .po, can me merged?

Thanks
Regards
When you sign-up there, we'd need to provide you "write" privilege there, at the same time we'd add the language you'd like to import or participate in :) Please note we'd suggest not importing any 3rd party translations there, as it might have a licensing which may not allow you to do it.

When you sign-up there, we'd need to provide you "write" privilege there, at the same time we'd add the language you'd like to import or participate in :) Please note we'd suggest not importing any 3rd party translations there, as it might have a licensing which may not allow you to do it.
I'm working with poe edit pro so, its very easy work with the pre-translations and machine translations and if a .po file can be uploaded and merged will speedup the process.

And where we have to ask for the "write" privilege?

Can be created two "spanish"?, the spanish from spain isnt the same for latin america.

Thanks!
Regards

I'm working with poe edit pro so, its very easy work with the pre-translations and machine translations and if a .po file can be uploaded and merged will speedup the process.

And where we have to ask for the "write" privilege?

Can be created two "spanish"?, the spanish from spain isnt the same for latin america.

Thanks!
Regards
Yes, import is available. Regarding specific locale - also possible. You may name the locale needed and we’ll assign it to your account.

How about adding Hindi for translations?
I am sure there are many Indian here ... also there are hardly any control panels in Hindi.

:)

How about adding Hindi for translations?
I am sure there are many Indian here ... also there are hardly any control panels in Hindi.

:)
If there is anyone willing to participate in Hindi - we'd be glad to assign it to someone.

Just a question... pure Hindi words would be difficult to understand even for many Hindi users ... shall we consider the words we normally use instead of "exact" Hindi Translation? Like most of Hindi Newspapers / TV Shows etc. use Hinglish ( Hindi mixed with English ) which is more practical and used by most of the people here. If we use pure Hindi... most of the people will need dictionary to find the meanings ;)

What do you suggest?

Just a question... pure Hindi words would be difficult to understand even for many Hindi users ... shall we consider the words we normally use instead of "exact" Hindi Translation? Like most of Hindi Newspapers / TV Shows etc. use Hinglish ( Hindi mixed with English ) which is more practical and used by most of the people here. If we use pure Hindi... most of the people will need dictionary to find the meanings ;)

What do you suggest?
Isn't it "Hinish Latin" ? As it can be added there if that's what you mean.

Basically it’s a combination of “HINDI” & “ENGLISH” which is used on a very large scale in India. Most of the people here (specially new generation) do not understand "Pure Hindi". Almost all people use English words in general conversation so in my views, instead of using 100% pure Hindi words, we should use words that people use ... similar to Facebook.

For example:

Password in pure Hindi is कुंजिका ( kunjika ) but there will be only 1-2% people will understand this. So I will use पासवर्ड ( i.e. password ) instead of कुंजिका ( kunjika ) . Facebook and Twitter also follows the same concept. Following is an example of Facebook login page in Hindi

1609235865299.png

Basically it’s a combination of “HINDI” & “ENGLISH” which is used on a very large scale in India. Most of the people here (specially new generation) do not understand "Pure Hindi". Almost all people use English words in general conversation so in my views, instead of using 100% pure Hindi words, we should use words that people use ... similar to Facebook.

For example:

Password in pure Hindi is कुंजिका ( kunjika ) but there will be only 1-2% people will understand this. So I will use पासवर्ड ( i.e. password ) instead of कुंजिका ( kunjika ) . Facebook and Twitter also follows the same concept. Following is an example of Facebook login page in Hindi

View attachment 4015
shukriyaa (informal)
vs
bahut (formal)
yes?

I would use whatever the common people know. I think smtalk means should you call (name) it something other than Hindi like Hindi (informal) or Hindi (english). Like in Arabic there is Modern Standard verse Egyptian Arabic. Maybe you should do both?

Back