two step authentication directadmin whmcs

Amit

Verified User
Does two step authentication will affect the whmcs automatic account creation do I need to make some change in whmcs after two step activation to continue automatic account setup on payment received? Please clarify it

Hi Amit,

I created an extra account in my DA to setup WHMCS.
This becuase WHMCS would not accept my main DA account (because of the 2-step auth).

Hi Amit,

I created an extra account in my DA to setup WHMCS.
This becuase WHMCS would not accept my main DA account (because of the 2-step auth).
But that doest not solve security issue your another account may be compromised as it has no two step authentication?

But that doest not solve security issue your another account may be compromised as it has no two step authentication?

Just use a random password gen. create a password like 4_W/9g{ea3(8~GJ~ and wish them great luck cracking it.
Schermafbeelding 2020-04-03 om 13.53.48.png

The best fix would be filtering the access for this user "whmcsadmin" based on its IP: only connecting from the right IP the log in would be allowed, and so no 2FA would be needed...

But I don't know IF and HOW would be possible to filter a single user based on his IP, leaving the free access to all other users (protected by 2FA...)

Back