Unable to disable hotlinks protection for single account/domain ... believe it to be causing broken WP images

xj99

Hello,
I am running into an issue, and it seems to only be an issue with one of my sites. I'm not sure what I have done wrong.

I have installed Wordpress straight from wordpress.org's download for the latest and installed it. Everything is working... except images are not displaying in public view nor admin view. In public view, nothing shows at all, not even a placeholder. In admin view it shows the broken image icon. When I upload images to my media gallery, the files upload just fine but then just show a greyed out box. No image.

I believe it is because Hotlinks protection is seemingly stuck ... on ...
I click "Disable Hotlinks Protection" link and it shows success, but then nothing happens. If I check all of my domain and click delete, nothing happens.
I can delete each version of my domain one by one, but after getting to the last one it just adds them all back again.

I have compared this site with another site (on a different account) that is working without issue, and the hotlinks protection seems to be the only difference between the two. PHP versions, permissions, everything is the same (different content obviously) except the inability to disable hotlinks protection.

Any idea how to disable it or why it won't be disabled?

Restarting the server appears to have fixed the images not showing, however, I am still unable to disable hotlink protection. It doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal though

Back