Unable to upgrade past 5.2.3

Dravu

Verified User
Well it's been over a month since my last unsuccessful try, so I decided maybe someone on the forum would be able to lend a hand as to what the hell is going wrong. I have been unable to build a PHP version past 5.2.3 as they always end with this:
Code:
Installing PEAR environment: /usr/local/lib/php/
make[1]: *** [install-pear-installer] Error 254
make: *** [install-pear] Error 2
Had John look at it too, but neither of us could figure out what was causing it to screw up. Any ideas?

PS: http://directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21114
Configuration is custombuild default and works fine with 5.2.3. I also have libtool installed, so that thread doesn't seem to help me at all.

Anybody with any ideas? Once PHP6 starts becoming more of the standard and Custombuild supports it better, I'll probably try it, but aren't sure if this is a problem that will stop any future upgrades from happening.

I can fix this problem for free (and will post what was wrong).

Update is done. eAccelerator extension was causing problems (reinstalled it too) :) Good luck!

Last edited:
Update is done. eAccelerator extension was causing problems (reinstalled it too) :) Good luck!
Wow. Thank you very much. I always assumed I'd just be rebuilding it after PHP anyways (when you build a PHP version different from your current one, it freaks out and tells you to rebuild it as well). Never thought of it actually causing the problem. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for these great words. I really appreciate that.

Back