Understanding pricing of technical support + personal license

warg

Verified User
Hello,

when I click on a trial license > extend technical support, I see that it's 199 $/year. Right now, a lite license with unlimited tech support costs 15 $/month (180 $/year). Why is the support more expensive than the next license plan with support included? Is there a cheaper support price for personal licenses than what I see right now for the trial license?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Hello,

when I click on a trial license > extend technical support, I see that it's 199 $/year. Right now, a lite license with unlimited tech support costs 15 $/month (180 $/year). Why is the support more expensive than the next license plan with support included? Is there a cheaper support price for personal licenses than what I see right now for the trial license?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
The best thing to do is email [email protected]

We dont really run the company.

That's right of course. I thought that someone might have stumbled about this already and knows what I'm overseeing here. @DirectAdmin Sales, can you help me :)?

There isn't really a support option that would make sense for something as cheap as the Personal license. Even if we doubled or tripled the price (another $2-$4 per month) to include support, and someone used only 1 hour of tech time per month, that two or four dollars wouldn't even cover the wages we have to pay staff. The Personal license is more logical as no support/community support.

That support extension you are seeing is meant more for the legacy lifetime license holders. It makes no sense for the licenses that exist now. :)

Hi

I have bought this support package on personal license as I run DirectAdmin locally, mainly for dev. I’ve asked 4/5 questions since November - it works well for me.

Kind regards

@youds Is there a reason why you bought it on top instead of just choosing the yearly Lite plan?

Back