Update DA, problem with translate and language on login page

inomi13

Verified User
Hi,
yesterday I update my DA to version 1.643 but after I saw few problems.

1. I have set language=pl and language_list=pl in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf but when I open login page allways default languge is EN. I can change language to PL but why default languge isn't PL ?

2. Before update DA I had full translate Evolution login page but after update some words doesn't have pl translate. The same problem I see on demo page https://demo.directadmin.com:2222/ where username and sing in doesn't have polish words.

Someone can me explain how find solution my problems?

What's your browser's language? DirectAdmin 1.643 prefers browser's language to select the default language on login page.

My browser is set to polish. I checked another browsers and problem are the same.

What do you think about my second problem ? On demo page is the same problem with translate login page so I think problem is global.

Last edited:
@ldybiec, thanks for reporting an issue. New Evolution login page always adds English language as a potential fallback. We decided to change this and allow removing English from the available languages list in a hot-fix release.

@fln, In /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evelution/lang I have login-pl.po. I change translate but translate doesn't appear on login page. For example...

screen.jpg

Today everything is works, translated works and PL language is load as default. DA cache was cleaned?

In the 1.643 release translations from login-pl.po are merged into pl.po. Custom translations logic is also changed to load only from custom directory .../data/skins/evolution/lang/custom/{cc}.po and ignore .../data/skins/evolution/lang/{cc}.po. More info in the docs.

Translations in non custom directory are there only as a reference, all of the built-in translations are inside Evolution sources. When you create a custom translations file it gets merged over the translations that are built-in into Evolution. This allows for example creating custom/pl.po with only a single translation line. In such case when Polish language is selected Evo would use its internal Polish translations for all the strings except the one that is specified in the custom file.

A hot-fix with improved login page language detection and updated translation files (from https://translate.directadmin.com) was released and is the reason why it started working now.

@inomi13 if you are using custom translations please make sure they are being stored in ".../data/skins/evolution/lang/custom/{cc}.po" not ".../data/skins/evolution/lang/{cc}.po". Files not in custom directory gets replaced (updated) on DA update.

If you are working on Polish translations I would recommend creating an account in https://translate.directadmin.com and making changes in translation system. That way you would get your translations automatically with DA and would not need to manually maintain them as custom files.

Back