Update to 1.302 dont luck

powerdomein

Verified User
Guys,

When i trypung to update my DA from 1.301 to 1.302 it says:

Update queued

Details

Your request for an update will begin in under a minute. You should be notified via the Message system when it is complete

BUT NOTHING HAPPIENS
can some help me please.

just try again, I seens this problem before, just need to retry

Make sure crond is running.

Make sure the DA task queue is in a cronjob set to run every minute.

Make sure you can update manually (it could be a problem with local DNS resolution.

Jeff

Note that the following instructions are designed for experienced system administrators. If you make a mistake while following these instructions, or if I've made a mistake in typing them, you could seriously break your system. We only guarantee work we do; not for work we explain in these forums. If you do not feel comfortable with this, ask someone else whom you trust to do it right or hire an experienced systems administrator.

Your system has a cron daemon which runs continually. It awakens every minute and checks crontab files to see what it needs to run at that minute.

On most systems this will check to see if the daemon is running:
Code:
$ ps waux | grep crond
If it's not running you need to start it. If it's not installed you need to install it and start it. how you do either of those depends on your OS Distribution.

Once you've got that sorted, check to see if the DA Task Queue is set to run every minute:

Look in the /etc/cron.d directory to see if there's a file called directadmin_cron; if so the directory listing should look like this:
Code:
-rw-------   1 root root   486 Apr  9  2006 directadmin_cron
If there isn't create the file, chown it root:root, and chmod it 0600.

Check the contents of the file. It should look like this:
Code:
* * * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq
2 0-23/6 * * * root echo 'action=vacation&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue;
#5 5 * * 0 root /sbin/quotaoff -a; /sbin/quotacheck -augm; /sbin/quotaon -a;
10 0 * * * root echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
20 4 1 * * root echo 'action=reset&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
0 4 * * * root echo 'action=check&value=license' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
So if the top line isn't there, be sure you put it in. If none of it is there, make it look like the above. Then save the file and restart the cron daemon; exactly how you do that is based on your OS Distribution.

Jeff

Back