URGENT! Looking for a DirectAdmin Reseller Host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

demerzel

Verified User
I am urgently looking for directadmin reseller hosts. Any recommendations? What I am looking for is...

1. DirectAdmin Control Panel with reseller access
2. Installatron
3. Unlimited MySQL4 Databases
4. Unlimited Mailing Lists
5. Unlimited POP3 Accounts
6. Unlimited Subdomains
7. Multi-domain hosting
8. GD 2.0 Library
9. ImageMagick
10. Catch-All Email
11. Private Nameservers
12. PHP4
13. mod_rewrite enabled on apache
14. .htaccess enabled
15. Diskspace: 3GB
16. Bandwidth: ~30GB

Budget: US$15 /per month

Last edited:
Well my minimum desired space is 2GB, 3GB would be sweet.

Last edited:
I generally don't believe in this kind of advertising... because it just results in all of us trying to outbid each other. After all most of us are the hosting business and offer reseller accounts.

So I'll leave the question open...

What do you who've answered and you who've not answered, think about these kinds of posts and replies?

And if they're okay, then should we be able to respond as well?

Jeff

jlasman said:
I generally don't believe in this kind of advertising... because it just results in all of us trying to outbid each other. After all most of us are the hosting business and offer reseller accounts.

So I'll leave the question open...

What do you who've answered and you who've not answered, think about these kinds of posts and replies?

And if they're okay, then should we be able to respond as well?

Jeff

I don't have an issue with it, providing the requests are in the same place.

I think that the danger is that people become fixated with numbers (price, space, transfer) rather than quality of service, experiance etc.

I personally have only responded to about 2 requests in the last three years. I'm generally happy to work with customers to find a solution but I'm not interested in competing on price :)

What I need is hosts to respond with something along the lines of you can take a look at me etc so that I at least have a list of hosts to look at. What I need is a list of host not competing custom plans. In fact I'd prefer existing plans.

I agree with Jeff and Bloory - although we are always keen to take new customers on board we refuse to do it at the expense of our business service levels or getting into a bun fight on a forum with people who have helped us so much.

We have never competed on price and frankly we are looking for customers that are happy to pay more for a good service. Because good service costs money.

Originally posted by demerzel What I need is hosts to respond with something along the lines of you can take a look at me etc so that I at least have a list of hosts to look at. What I need is a list of host not competing custom plans. In fact I'd prefer existing plans.

I suggest you could also try a search on Google or go through the forums and have a look at a few of the members sites - if you want 2Gb of space for something you must be making a little more cash than $15 a month from it - My advice is use some of the extra (maybe another $15 max) to get a decent host on board as part of your business team - it's far higher value as the 'host' you seemed to be looking for at such a low price I fear would be a school kid with an unlimited reseller account - they are notorious for lasting just a few months (But they are ok if you just need support over the school holidays).

Rob

I am not outbidding anyone I stated I will host you for 25usd but not for less.

matrixx said:
I suggest you could also try a search on Google or go through the forums and have a look at a few of the members sites - if you want 2Gb of space for something you must be making a little more cash than $15 a month from it - My advice is use some of the extra (maybe another $15 max) to get a decent host on board as part of your business team - it's far higher value as the 'host' you seemed to be looking for at such a low price I fear would be a school kid with an unlimited reseller account - they are notorious for lasting just a few months (But they are ok if you just need support over the school holidays).

Rob

For goodness sake do not assume the purpose of me getting reseller hosting. The only reason I look at reseller plans is because they are generally have larger diskspace, allow multi-domain hosting, and the accounts canbe managed seperately. I will not be in the business of reselling, and so do not really need high specs for the servers. Seriously a buget reseller would suffice for what I need, although looking at quality is can sway the decision I make.

FYI, I have already done my fair share of research on Google, Yahooand WHT and have already looked at a fair number of hosts. I have already sent sales queries and have already followed up with some of them.

All I want to know is if there is any host that I have missed out that is worth looking at.

And if the price/space thing is such a big issue...$15-20/1-2GB.

And again I say, I just want to know the DirectAdmin hosts that are out there to see what plans they already have.

If this forum is not able to provide this then so be it.

Last edited:
You could stack 2 of these plans together to achieve your goal. How you usse the "reseller" account is irrelevent, the disk space and bandwidth is what you're after.

Blogs and photo hosting are becoming more and more intricate and space consuming (4MB pictures are not uncommon). We use top grade drives sold only to the top yield (sold only to Dell, IBM, HP, etc) rather than off the shelf drives such as retail box drives (which have a much higher failure rate) - even their price is coming down to a respectable level.

Yes we offer a quality service (for nearly 7 years and 35 servers) - yes we offer lower prices than typical - and yes we use premium quality Verio bandwidth. It can be done and it can be profitable. I do very well and support my family on this income, dont say it can't be done.

So, if you're looking for a deal you may have overlooked, consider contacting hosts with your specific needs - see what they can do. If you're looking for a prebuilt package - well, I've suggested one above.

Thanks for considering hosts - and considering DirectAdmin.

I've seen this poster's thread on WHT and understand the reason they are posting here. The fact is that Direct Admin is an essential in this person's shopping list and they have had precious little luck in searching for potential hosters up until now. I agree that the price could be a factor but I too have found looking for DA resellers in the past far harder than looking for say a cPanel reseller. Folk round here seem most reluctant to advertise themselves and I realise that forum rules prevent anyone being blatant, however..
The fact remains that even with google, looking for a DA reseller reveals a disappointingly low amount of suitable candidates whatever your price point.

And hey I'm not even asking for an advertisement. All I need is like "Hey I'm a DirectAdmin host and I have plans that you might want to consider." And just leave a link to your site.

I have answered you only need to pm me to consult further if you interested.

On WHT their forum rules forbid hosts responding to requests, I believe they implemented the rule so they could get revenue from people paying to be a premium member to respond to official requests.

I've decided to lock the thread. It's served it's purpose. By now everyone who cares knows that demerzel is looking for a hosting company and knows what he's willing to pay.

I did a quick google search and found there are plenty of DirectAdmin resellers listed. Including several who rent dedicated servers from us. (In fact, including us as well, though we tend to be higher priced.)

Please do NOT attempt to reopen the topic on another thread.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back