Using CentOS In a Large Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomnikBritto

Verified User
Hello,
I'm very new to the CentOS community and what brings me here is an interest of utilizing CentOS as the Linux distribution of choice for our Linux end-points at my job. I am a systems engineer at a Fortune 500 company and my small team is responsible for around 7000 (very cookie cutter) Linux end-points. These systems are mixtures of branch servers and kiosk-like clients.
These machines are all running a mixture of SUSE Linux Enterprise and OpenSUSE systems. My company is trying (like all companies) to cut costs where it can and we have been in the discussion of what it would mean to switch completely to an "unsupported" distribution, such as CentOS. As you can see, we aren't complete strangers to unsupported operating systems, as we are running OpenSUSE systems. However, we hesitate to go all in..

Hello,

Wrong forum, I guess. These forums are about DirectAdmin related issues, and DirectAdmin is a control panel for managing web-hosting services. And the sub-forum in which you posted is for issues relative to DirectAdmin+CentOS.

So if you are not going to use DirectAdmin on your server, then your topic is to be considered as offtopic here.

Hello,
I'm very new to the CentOS community and what brings me here is an interest of utilizing CentOS as the Linux distribution of choice for our Linux end-points at my job. I am a systems engineer at a Fortune 500 company and my small team is responsible for around 7000 (very cookie cutter) Linux end-points. These systems are mixtures of branch servers and kiosk-like clients.tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/
These machines are all running a mixture of SUSE Linux Enterprise and OpenSUSE systems. My company is trying (like all companies) to cut costs where it can and we have been in the discussion of what it would mean to switch completely to an "unsupported" distribution, such as CentOS. As you can see, we aren't complete strangers to unsupported operating systems, as we are running OpenSUSE systems. However, we hesitate to go all in..
issue got solved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back