vm-pop3d stops responding

netswitch

Verified User
Hello,

It seems that my vm-pop3d is having some problems.

When I start it it works OK for 10 minutes and then, it stops responding, If i "telnet myhost 110"
I get a "connected to myhost 110" and nothing else (no welcome banner).

I have a lot of users on this server (150 accounts)
I was wondering if this was not overloading the vm-pop3d daemon ?

I tryed to run it with vm-pop3d -d 20 - t 600
but it keeps freezing after a couple of time.

Any clue on how to resolve this ?
It is quite a problem because users can't get to read their mails...

OK, actually, it seems that there is one domains with 50 pop boxes that has problems with the closing of the connections

for one of the boxes, i have 4 times : user [email protected] logged in from userip

but no "session endend for user [email protected]"

and a netstat -r show me 25 connections of vmpop3d to the ip used by the mailboxes of that domain.

any idea on how to force the close of the connections ?
or what is misconfigured at the users place ?

well, on our side, we have rized the number of vmpop3d instances to 20 and forced connection to cut after 60 seconds but it is not really the best solution and even with that, we sometimes occur to be locked out again.

netswitch said:
well, on our side, we have rized the number of vmpop3d instances to 20 and forced connection to cut after 60 seconds but it is not really the best solution and even with that, we sometimes occur to be locked out again.

Does that mean if your customer has a big email, he can be disconnected while receiving? If yes, it's not really good at all

So should it be but, we have customers recieving and sending mails with attachments of more than 60 mo so, I think it is the inactive timeout...

Back