Webmail link to our competitor

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
I just checked out webmail and found two skins. The default skin is the "Neotech" skin. Clicking anywhere on the Neotech logo directs the browser to the Neotech website where Neotech advertises webhosting :( .

This is a big problem for us.

So how do we get rid of the Neotech skin?

It's an absolute must. We do NOT want our customers directed to our competitors with one click.

Jeff

TEMPORARY FIX!

First, let me point out that Neotech doesn't have pages with webhosting offerings; they have a link where they say you can contact them for webhosting.

That said, we still don't want it.

I made the fix in:

/var/www/html/webmail/inc/config.languages.php

Here's what I did:

I changed the default them from 1 to 0.

I commented out the second set (Neotech) in the themes array.

That works.

So why do I call it temporary?

Because DirectAdmin updates can (and very well may) overwrite it.

This is a question for John, I'm sure.

Jeff

Hello,

I can't see any reason why we would be overwriting the webmail configurations.. doesn't really affect DirectAdmin in any way. We had made a quick decision with the Neotech skin, as it looks better and was included with the default webmail program... but didn't notice the "competitor" issue (thought they were a skin maker)...

I think Mark is hunting for a new default skin to include with the webmail that both looks good and doesn't link to other websites :) We probably won't update the new skin into existing servers, but rather offer it as default for new ones. We would also provide an easy method for existing servers to change to the new webmail skin.. if/when Mark finds a good one :)

John

Thanks for the security blanket, John; I'm glad to hear it won't be overwritten.

I think the neotech skin looks a lot better, too, John. If it's issued under the standard open-source license there's nothing to stop you from changing the image and taking out the link.

Thanks again!

Jeff

Back