Which control panel do you prefer? cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin etc...

joelfernandes

Just a general question to all! I personally prefer cPanel, due to it being the first control panel I ever used (and gained experience in). I've never really had chance to use any other, so it would be nice to hear opinions of people that have used different panels!

Hello,

Such a strange question is here from you. It would be more suitable to any other forum or community not related to the control panel mentioned in the subject. So I wonder whether or not it's trolling or an attempt to SPAM us.

So, for now only your topic moved to offtopic discussion, let's see how it goes then....

We using directadmin and cPanel,

As a hosting provider cPanel price is too damn high for many domain / accounts.

So, the solution is directadmin, for selling cheap / low cost web hosting.

And cPanel for selling premium web hosting.

Users have no issue it cpanel or Directadmin as long they got what they wanted, We are selling high end services based on DA under our sub brand

Started out years ago with CPanel as a Reseller, like the way it worked.
Then got switched over to Plesk. What an annoying POS that was at the time. Switched my sites over to another host which had DirectAdmin. Worked fairly nice as well, although not as well laid out as CPanel.
Then I got my own VPS with DA pre-installed and used it ever since.
Got to work with CPanel recently again for a bit while transferring a large website over and noticed it had many options available. I would think a novice or beginner would like CPanel more than DA.

This is a strange thread to create in a DirectAdmin forum. Anyway, it is here, so here is my reply: I prefer and love DirectAdmin, and I would never ever use cPanel or Plesk. I have been using DirectAdmin for more then ten years. Hoping for another ten good years! :)

Definitely a troll

We run both, and DirectAdmin is in so many ways better than cPanel. Our resellers and clients prefer DA over cPanel.

I migrated from cPanel to DirectAdmin 4 months ago and my clients even prefer Directadmin. In their opinion, they feel that he is faster and succinct.

Is this really a question...
cPanel is the best... OK OK Just kidding.

Actually the best thing I ever read about panels in general. Was they are all terrible.. They don't read my mind ..:ROFLMAO:

I love DirectAdmin.

I've never used cPanel in production and I don't like it much.
Plesk is very nice and I used it for many years but I don't have much freedom as I do with DirectAdmin. No OpenLiteSpeed for example and Nginx is a pain with my setup. Also, Plesk is owned by Oakley so to avoid any price increase, I looked for an alternative.

I was using CyberPanel for a couple of months and while it is very nice, it's a little buggy still and it's only developed by 1 person. I wanted something with a proper team that can focus on security, so that led me to DirectAdmin. Very happy with it so far and don't see myself moving away from it.

DirectAdmin > CyberPanel > Plesk

Those are the 3 I would recommend and use, in that order.

My personal preference is DirectAdmin because of easy to customize and make it work as per your needs.

We offer both cP and DA and I saw that customers are jumping from cP to DA or vice-versa. ;)

I prefer DA for some things, cPanel for other things, I like them both the same. However Plesk definitely does come last for several reasons.
When comparing things like pricing, speed and customization, ofcourse DA comes first.

Been habit with cPanel for long time but finally made a move to DA and start to like it, find its more reliable and have excellent supports fix the issues quickly

Our company work with directadmin more than 15 years, I work here 10 years. We were trying to keep few servers with Cpanel, IspManager but it was terrible. Directadmin so flexible - we made own Skins, addons, PHP selector, user-load graph, automation scripts. Multi Server Setup - it's awesome! DA has simple and logical structure, all new admins/users prefers it among Cpanel or IspManager. So last IspManager server was removed 2 years ago, last Cpanel server removed few months ago. DA has all that we need, except of two buit-in things: incremental backups, resource management integrated in reseller/user templates (Cgroups). But i hope in 2020 all will be realized :)

Hi there maybe you guys can move this post, I was looking for alternatives to cpanel due to its price increase and tbh plesk is at the moment my frontrunner in terms of reselling. I don't really see any solid info on direct admin - If a link could be provided - Maybe i am just not seeing any documentation because im daft or perhaps you have it hidden which is understable. I have another alternative to cpanel and plesk but not sure if i should mention it here due to the brazing you guys have given the bloke above :)

Back