Whitelist a client?

rldev

Verified User
How do I whitelist a client domain so that there email is not parsed by RBL, Sender Verify, and other ACLs? Isn't this what <etc/virtual/whitelist_domains> does?

I have put the client's domain in there, but he is still getting some of his emails blocked here and there. They want 0 spam/virus filtering.

Hey,

Remove their domain from the use_rbl_domains file... I think that should do what you want.

David

Thanks. Perhaps someone could confirm if this would also bypass the sender verify rules. This is the real problem.

Hey,

What sender verify? This one...

Code:
# By default we do NOT require sender verification.
# Sender verification denies unless sender address can be verified:
# If you want to require sender verification, i.e., that the sending
# address is routable and mail can be delivered to it, then
# uncomment the next line. If you do not want to require sender
# verification, leave the line commented out

#require verify = sender

David

I'm presuming you mean the checks for whether or not email purporting to be from AOL, MSN, etc., really is or not.

If so, then no, I've not created a way to whitelist against that.

Do you need to whitelist incoming mail for a domain against those checks? I suppose it would be possible to write, based on incoming email. I suppose I could look to put it into the SpamBlocker3 final, but I'll have to hear from you first that indeed that's what you're looking for, as it will require another file for everyone to maintain, and for the plugin vendors to support.

In the meantime, if the checks are too restrictive for you, comment them out and restart exim.

Jeff

Yes I need to whitelist incoming mail for a domain on my DA server. While those checks are great, they are not very usable once you get complaints from a client. They want you to shut them off.

For now comment them out and restart exim. On final release we'll probably have an exclusion file.

Jeff

Back