WHMCS & Directadmin

i think he simply wants to know if anybody is using WHMCS together with DA...

Can you tell us something about the interaction between DA and WHMCS?

What does WHMCS automate in relation to DA?

i find myself, that it is not described properly on the WHMCS page.

What can we expect using the two systems together?

Regards,
Alexander

Basically it keeps track of the billing and uses the DA API to create, suspend, unsuspend, and terminate accounts on the DA server. Can also manage the password for the user for the DA server. If somebody forgets their password they can log into WHMCS and reset their password from there.

http://www.whmcs.com/features.php
Account Creation & Termination
Automated Suspension for Overdue and Unsuspension on Payment
Auto suspension overide option on a per account basis
Change Account Password from WHMCS (Selected modules only)

Any other questions?

one question according the account creation e-mail.

Is it sent by WHMCS, DA or both?

Is the network status (load, uptime, % used) shown in WHMCS?

Under which username will the account in DA created?

Regards,
Alexander

one question according the account creation e-mail.

Is it sent by WHMCS, DA or both?

Yes but I personally do not use either one.

Is the network status (load, uptime, % used) shown in WHMCS?

I think there is an addon module for it or something. I have seen something about it but I don't use it. I also don't want my customers seeing that information anyway. Too many questions they will not understand the answer to.

Under which username will the account in DA created?

Under the admin account of course. There is not other account to do it under.

Floyd, you say "of course" as if it's a given. Most of us would probably rather select a reseller name, or even a specific machine, based on a setup configuration, perhaps even a complex one based on packages. For example, we have each package under it's own reseller; it makes it a lot easier to send package-specific emails through DirectAdmin.

Are you saying that WHMCS cannot do that?

If not ... then "bummer".

Of course I can still move domains to a different reseller later, but still...

"Bummer".

Jeff

Request a free trail from WHMCS and test.

you can reset password with WHMCS, make accounts, display bandwidth usage and storage and suspend delete account.

Request a free trail from WHMCS and test.

At the End this is a must. But i personally find it very clever first to research and ask people which have that in use, and then to test it personally.

Floyd, you say "of course" as if it's a given.

I say that because I had never heard of doing it another way or even considered it and still do not understand why you would want to do that. But that is a topic for another thread perhaps.

I just looked at mine and the problem I see is that there is a lot more configuration that would need to be done to accomplish this.

I believe I could make it work but I do not have the desire or the time to test it. If somebody would like to hire me to set it up then suddenly I do have the time.

I do not even use WHMCS to create the account on the server. I do that with my own API. I use WHMCS to suspend and terminate accounts and track billing things.

I do not even use WHMCS to create the account on the server. I do that with my own API. I use WHMCS to suspend and terminate accounts and track billing things.
And we may decide to do the same. With multiple servers (some intentionally with different load factors) we can't just leave it up to automatic creation.

Jeff

And we me decide to do the same. With multiple servers (some intentionally with different load factors) we can't just leave it up to automatic creation.

Jeff
But you can. You can add multiple servers and link WHMCS to certain resellers on these servers. You can even link WHMCS to different reseller accounts on one server, just set it up properly.

Completely automatic creation isn't the way to go if you have multiple servers though. You can't let anyone else but yourself decide which account goes on which server. But even then it's as easy as selecting the right server from the dropdown box and WHMCS will do it for you.

Hi,
is there any script to add the current DA accounts to WHMCS?
It's too many to add them one by one.. I only found a cpanel plugin but not for DA...

Hi,

i don't know if it is that what you are searching

WHMCS DAPlus Module

We are planning to buy a WHMCS License, would you like to share your experience with WHMCS & DA to this thread?

Regards,
AxlF

P.S.: I hope its okay to link another forum...

Thanks!

I installed it some weeks ago.. many things to setup, very powerfull, very easy to use..
I 'm very pleased of it.. I haven't though tried any other platform like this but it covers the most of my needs.
The only problem is that it doesn't support .gr domain search and i have to modify some functions.

Back