da build update_version crashing

petersconsult

Verified User
Hello all,
When i go into the web interface of CustomBuild, it tells me that there are '21 upgradable packages' of the type 'System packages' (see screenie below), but when i click 'update' or 'Update all', or if i run the command 'da build update_version' through ssh, it creates a new log, then promptly crashes..
This server (VPS) is 4 years old now, and i've never seen this issue..
i've made no recent changes to the system, or settings, or anything..
if i do yum update, it shows a bunch of packages ready to update, but i'm hesitant to go that route..
Has anyone encountered this?

PS: i tried running da build update (which just says that 'current version already exists') before running da build update_version doesn't change anything..
Also, my license is the older kind of license (not the new one that appeared in the last year, if that makes any sense)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thank You!

da-update-issue.jpg

da-update-issue-2.jpg

ah, thank you!
So, just to be perfectly clear: i need tu run 'yum update' in order to update these packages?
it's not because those packages are incompatible with my license, or anything like that, right?
Thank You so much!

i need tu run 'yum update' in order to update these packages?
If you want them updated, yes. Just like you did before and then answer Y at the end or issue the yum update -y command to do it automatically.

Just a bit odd that only kernel-devel and kernel-headers are update but no kernel update is present. But that is possible. Even better, because after a kernel update you need to reboot the server.

These OS updates should not interfere with the Directadmin installation. So no, it has nothing to do with your license.

Thank You So Much!
It's so strange because i just logged into my server to run these updates, and it seems that the updates were actually installed overnight!
There is a custombuild log for 6am this morning, but it's empty, just like the other ones..
running yum update simply returns 'Nothing to do'..

So odd because they have been there for weeks, and i clicked the 'update all' button several times over those weeks, but those system updates never seemed to get installed..

i'm from the macOS universe, where there are daily, weekly and monthly scripts.. Maybe a weekly or monthly script ran these updates..

Mysterious 🤪

In any case, thank you so much for your prompt help!
Be Well!

and it seems that the updates were actually installed overnight!
Hmmz that's odd unless it's set somewhere everything is updated automatically, maybe in a cron or something.
I hever do that, I always do OS update manually just to be sure.

Maybe @Zhenyapan knows where it can be configured that yum is automaticallly updated.

The macOS is not that different from Linux as it's also based on Unix. Linux also has the dailly, weekly and monthy crontabs. So it's not that mysterious as you think.

Check for example:
/etc/crontab
/etc/cron.d
/etc/cron.daily
/etc/cron.weekly
/etc/cron.montly

Good chance in one of those the automatic yum update can be found.

So you have the Directadmin updates and system updates. DA only warns there are system updates, these are from the OS and DA won't touch them. This is different with another brand Panel.

system update doesn't running by update or update all, it must directly special command.

Mostly people don't want to get automatic system update. because update list must see by yourself.

Imagine, you wake up and found your server crash for some reason. And 100% DA Team will get complain about making their server hang/crashing during updating.

Thank you all for your help!
The reason i found it mysterious is that i don't see any cron job anywhere, either in the DA gui, or in /etc that shows any signs of automatically updating OS packages..
odd..
In any case, thank you all!

Back