Setup wordpress on directadmin

It all has it's pro and cons. Debian and derivative's (like Ubuntu) can't make use of Cloudlinux.
But if you don't need that, they are fine. Big benefit of Debian and alike is that you can do major version upgrades with it from the OS itself.

Can be done with RH alikes maybe too, but is not by default supported by the OS.

Also Debian and derivative's (like Ubuntu) - provides more fresh packages due to short life cycle,
like centos7 from 2014 with openssl 1.0.1 and will be with it till end,
when ubuntu 16 has 1.0.2
when ubuntu 18 has 1.1.1 etc..

I want to see the list of ips that have access to directadmin or my website on directadmin?
If yes, can you show me how to see it.
Thanks.

I don't know what you mean. Every ip (if not blocked by firewall) should have access.
thanks Richard G,
what i mean is like google analytics.
Every day there will be many devices accessing.
Each device will correspond to 1 IP.
I want to know can I see that list of IPs on directadmin?
Thanks.

You're welcome.
No you can't see it in Directadmin itself really, I don't know of any panel which can do that.

You can however form within Directadmin access the statistics like AWStats. This shows various information about visitors and where they come from.

Visitors to a website by ip can be done by software on the websites themselves. For example most forum software can how you the visitors and if they are bots (like Google bot) or human visitors for example.

People ask me.
anyone tried running php 8.1 on Wordpress 6.0.
Is it possible to enable php 8.1 for WP 6.0 now?
And is it stable to run?
Thanks.

If your just testing you can try it. But php 8 is listed as beta support. And many plugins/themes will probably have issues. Need to check php 8/8.1 compatibility with all the plugins/themes that you want to use.

I'm holding off on any customer deployments of WP6 until at least one or two updates. Will probably start testing this weekend when I have time. It's probably going to be busy enough with fixing customers sites that broke from other web designers just upgrading without testing or checking compatibility.

I have a list of 800 IPs to block.
How can I quickly add ConfigServer Security & Firewall.
Thank.

Code:
wget http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/csf/csf_install.sh
/bin/sh ./csf_install.sh

Directadmin's firewall is limited to 200 IPs.
What to do when I need to block more.
Please guide me thanks.

You're using CSF, it's not DirectAdmin's firewall. Please read up how to use CSF on the CSF website. For example, the more IPs you block the more computational resources you need to do the checks before letting an IP through the firewall. So it's much faster to check 200 IPs than it is 800. Anyway, that setting is a CSF default (again, nothing to do with DA). Also, with CSF if you set it up correctly, it will block additional IPs of bad actors. So if you really have 800 to block, you might want to set the limit to something like 900 or 1,000. You need to change the following and restart the firewall.

DENY_IP_LIMIT = 200 (Default)

The option is under General Settings

@BillyS and @Richard G : Thanks so much.
My website has 800 IPs of 800 domain.top dropping bots to access the search.
Currently, I have not thought of an effective way to prevent it.
Those 800 IPs are sourced from the USA location.
For example, if you block the USA country, it will affect the google bot.
I use CloudFlare to block a few countries. And using CloudFlare's IP Access Rules to block 800 IPs seems to be ineffective because the blocking log is not showing.

Those 800 IPs are sourced from the USA location.
I normally don't block bots very often, or mostly some on my own site.

But there is another way. If a lot of bots come from 1 company, it's also possible to not block every single ip in CSF but just block the CIDR of that company if they have multiple ip addresses.

By the way... there is also a DENY_TEMP_IP_LIMIT which can be used for temporary ip blocks.

Be aware that the higher the number of these limits, the more iptables lines so more resources used.

thanks Richard G.
I will check my server.
As you can tell me.
Have you ever had or seen this error before?
1.png
Picture
My website has an indexing error due to 800 bots from 800 IPs searching for empty content.

Where are you seeing that error? Is someone requesting that URI? Is the system throwing a 404 (Not Found0?

Back