Need suggestion about creating an online store can anyone suggest me about best wordpress plugin used for it

jtaylor

I am not much aware of wordpress and seeking some information about the different plugins which are majorly used in the wordpress which plugin will be best for starting my ecommerce store. Need suggestion from all the community.

You can better ask such thing on some website forum like webhostingtalk.com or something like https://forums.digitalpoint.com/ which is also good, way more different people with experience on shop usage.
Most of us here are only hosters because this is only a support forum for Directadmin license holders, not for general people with general questions.

You are in the off-topic section, which is correct, but there is more to it then only plugins and lot of people don't know wordpress really good.
So hence the advise to look at the above link.

I use PrestaShop for my merch......... If you really want to use WordStress, Woocommerce is your best bet.....

if i have to choose one from shopify or woocommerce for which should i go?
All depends if you have time to optimise your own server for large amounts of requests........ One client of mine ran a bouncy castle hire business using WP & WoopsCommerce and a retro arcade forum/rom site with WP too, with, like, 500 requests per second... Safe to say, whatever I did to that server, helped nothing - after a while, they ran slow.

Woocommerce is nice but not for big sites, for big sites or heavy traffic you better look at Magento, Prestashop, CubeCart etc.

Or some hybrid stuff like surecart.

Last edited:
Woocommerce for big sites? Magento is way bigger, overkill for most sites and heavy on resources too.
Presta and Cube are nice for little shops, but monitor updates very closely as they often have security vulnerability's.

Magento opensource version gave me lots of problems with updates, and pro version costs many thousands per year
Prestashop standard cache cleaner plugin destroyed several times my database, and you need lot of plugins to make it some cms-like --> moved on the fork 30bees (much more stable) https://thirtybees.com/
And I never understood why people moved away from Joomla to Wordpress, you can try this Joomla Shop: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/eshop/ (Joomla itself is much cleaner and smaller and more secure and use less RAM in code then WP. And so is eShop).

And I never understood why people moved away from Joomla to Wordpress
Well... I do. Because Joomla is overkill. Wordpress is a lot smaller and easier to manage for normal users.
Even I myself had to changing something in Joomla once, and had to go through a maze of menu's and change it in 2 places for it to finally work.

Cleaner, smaller and more secure? Cleaner, maybe. But certainly not smaller. Maybe in size overall, but it has way more files than WP.
WP beats Joomal in default installation without extra's.
More secure depends on what you activate/install. It's just as secure as WP, but because WP is way more popular nowaydays, WP gets way more attacks. That was the other way around in the beginning.

I read this:
The 2021 Website Threat Research Report by GoDaddy’s Sucuri shows that 50% of the WordPress sites that were infected in 2021 were on an “outdated” version. This is against 74% of Drupal sites and 77% of Joomla sites.
So it doesn't look to me as if Joomla is more secure.
@source: https://brightminded.com/blog/drupal-vs-wordpress-vs-joomla/#q9
Even the White House went over to Wordpress from Drupal. They would have gone to Joomla if it was more secure.

I don't know about RAM in code. In most comparison sites, WP comes out as a winner, also because ease of use.
Marketshare Wordpress: 62,8% and Joomla is on the bottom with 2,5% according to W3Techs.

Good regular backups are required on any webshop as they all have odd issues once a while.

I have a lot of Joomla sites and WP sites. I started with Joomla when it was still Mambo.
Smaller: Size: Joomla sites starting with about 20-30mb, whereas WP with 60-80mb minimum.
"WP beats Joomal in default installation without extra's." --> absolutely disagree, because: You have to add a lot of plugins to WP to be able to do the same what Joomla does out of the box. And at minimum you have to add several plugins only to be able to normaly work with it, just a few examples: changing order of articles, duplicating articles, cache cleaning, ..
More secure, because the code is written only by a handfull developers and much more overviewed since the beginning. I have to update my customers Joomlas maybe 1x all 1-2 years because of really hard flaw, or zero day exploit. With wordpress I get stress when I update them not in 2 monthes. I had 6-8 wordpresses hacked in the past few years, whereas my last Joomla hack was about 8 years ago with Joomla 2.5 (and that was not even Joomla itself, but a form component).
The structure in components, modules and plugins makes it much more clear what the software is doing where, and it mirrors it in the menu system. In WP you have all in the mainmenu, no matter what the plugin does, and its not ordered at all in any logical system. In Joomla you have the components (full features programs), modules (widgets in WP to show content), and plugins (functions).
WP makes it easier for programmer wannabes, and thats why there is so a bunch of vulnerable plugins. Joomla needs the programmers to have a learning curve, and to fit their plugins into the system. The most Joomla plugins are much longer on the market, and therefore much more stable.
The bad thing for Joomla was after the 1. generation of developers (1. generation: Mambo, they wanted it make from open source to commercially, and the developers splitted in parts, with a part maintaining it opensource on the new name Joomla). The 2nd generation was the problem, they wanted to make more money and started to change the search-feature on the repository, so that newcomers could better promote their (most not so good) new plugins, whereas the older good high rated plugins dropped somewhere in the back. That was also the time, when WP arrived, and lot of developers changed from Joomla to WP, or developed plugins and themes for both. That leads also to the fact, that you have to pay for more Joomla plugins nowadays, as in the previous time, and on WP much more plugins (or with more functionality) are still free.
Usage and speed: Joomla needs 2-3 plugins for a full featured site, WP needs 10< plugins, I have even sites with 30 or more plugins. And with that comes security and needed updates, lot of updatework more for WP then for Joomla, speedloss. In WP scripts are often loaded on all sites, no matter if the sites uses the feature or not. This makes most WP sites slower and slower with the amount of plugins. In Joomla they are loaded on the site where they are used, and not on all sites. I have to do also a lot of more work in speed optimization for my customers on WP, than on Joomla. I see often a size difference from ca. 1:5, only for the plugins and same features on both. And with the many many plugins needed in WP, you get security flaws for free much more often.
So yes, after all, cleaner, smaller, faster and more secure.

But if you have time: make a comparison between standard WooCommerce and standard eShop (ok, eShop costs 40 bucks, but when you need to buy all the plugins for WooCommerce for the same functionality, compare again)

Edit: just added my .txt lists with the updates (over all my customer systems) for each system for the past 5 years, and only the size of this textfiles with the lists differs remarkable: 25kb for Joomla, 150kb for WP

Attachments

• Wordpress Updates past 5 years.txt
    152.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Joomla Updates past 5 years.txt
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well, it very much differs in which and how many addon's you want to use. And maybe all those addons you use with WP are only for shops then. We don't need that much addons for our WP sites.
And doing updates is just 1 click for WP and 1 click for addons, so not that much extra work.

So maybe you're right with a webshop, but we will keep differ in opinion about normal usage. My normal customers WP sites are around 110-150 MB including everything, even photo's for their website. To make it clear, no shops present.

As for hacked sites, that is due to popularity and mostly not Wordpress so absolutely same for security, which I also read on the net. Hacks are mostly caused by external causes, plugins, themes and weak passwords.

As for vulnerabilities, less coders is just as much chance for failures as more coders, because less people to check.

If I check the CVE's above 7 past year for Joomla, then in 2023 Joomla had 2 of them. And as for high ones 3 pieces of 9.8 march 2022.
For Wordpress this was 0, and then one 8.8 in januari 2022.
So sorry I'm not convinced about security.

We don't need to argue further. People can check out your files and check out what they want. And others can like your post if they agree with you more.
I don't have experience with eShop so it could indeed better then Woocommerce.
Only thing I know is that I'm glad I don't have Joomla users on the server. But opinions differ. :)

You can better ask such thing on some website forum like webhostingtalk.com or something like https://forums.digitalpoint.com/ which is also good, way more different people with experience on shop usage.
Most of us here are only hosters because this is only a support forum for Directadmin license holders, not for general people with general questions.

You are in the off-topic section, which is correct, but there is more to it then only plugins and lot of people don't know wordpress really good.
So hence the advise to look at the above link.
can you confirm the site
http://partyballoonsdelivery.com/ is on wocommerce or shopify also give me recommendation about this one too.

Back