$29 / month until Dec 31

Peter Verrill

Verified User
Hello All,
I am planning on buying DA within the next few days for a server in London and have a few questions...

1) '$29 / month until Dec 31' After Dec 31st do we then have to pay full price? or do we continue to pay $29/month

2) The server is currently a windows server and I plan to be doing a reformat and switching to RH9 in a few weeks. I would like to have a play with DA on a local server untill it is installed to make sure DA is the thing for me. With some control panels I have used you require a full reformat to use anything else, as it takes around 2 hrs to get access to the server I only wish to do this once... Basically can I use it on one server, remove it, and then use it on another?

Cheers,

Peter Verrill

Peter Verrill said:
1) '$29 / month until Dec 31' After Dec 31st do we then have to pay full price? or do we continue to pay $29/month

I believe the price will remain at $29 per month for as long as you keep the particular license.

Peter Verrill said:
2) The server is currently a windows server and I plan to be doing a reformat and switching to RH9 in a few weeks. I would like to have a play with DA on a local server untill it is installed to make sure DA is the thing for me. With some control panels I have used you require a full reformat to use anything else, as it takes around 2 hrs to get access to the server I only wish to do this once... Basically can I use it on one server, remove it, and then use it on another?

Burn the ISO's or purchase a RH9 boxed set, if you have the cd's already then thats even better! reboot your system with it set to read your cd rom as the boot drive, you *WILL* be able to install RH on the same system as your windows, the redhat installation will also setup grub as your bootloader for both windows and itself, next time you boot your system will see a redhat screen during startup asking if you wish tou boot redhat or windows (named dos as default), i believe it sets windows as default, it gives you 8 seconds to chnage your selection, else it boots default which *can* be chnaged.

Chris

Re: Re: $29 / month until Dec 31

ProWebUK said:
Burn the ISO's or purchase a RH9 boxed set, if you have the cd's already then thats even better! reboot your system with it set to read your cd rom as the boot drive, you *WILL* be able to install RH on the same system as your windows, the redhat installation will also setup grub as your bootloader for both windows and itself, next time you boot your system will see a redhat screen during startup asking if you wish tou boot redhat or windows (named dos as default), i believe it sets windows as default, it gives you 8 seconds to chnage your selection, else it boots default which *can* be chnaged.

I dont wish to keep windows...

What I wish to do is test the installation and normal operation of DA on a local box before installing it on my main server in the datacenter.

I have seen a post or two for a test licence which I will apply for..

if you dont want windows, do what i said, once the redhat side of things is done, just compress your windows partion to 0, which will wipe windows and give you 100% linux to test on :)

If you want to keep windows on your test box, just want to test it, again follow that procedure and once your finished increase the windows partion back to 100%, which will wipe your linux.

I dont believe there is a way to test DA without being in a linux environment.

Chris

Back