Alpha Support for NGINX Units Questions

cbarone

Verified User
I was looking around inside the custombuild settings and saw something that caught my eye. "unit" which has a description stating that this feature is in alpha.

How exactly do I use this within DirectAdmin, I couldn't find documentation for this anywhere. It seems like a feature with a lot of potential and I'd like to give it a try. I did some searching on Nginx Units and they look really interesting.

I'm just not sure how exactly to configure them for a user in DirectAdmin.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I'd suggest waiting for beta :) It shouldn't be far away. There are no bits in the interface yet with the alpha.

Hey,

is there any update on this?

I got a request for runnning nodeJS and nginx unit seems to be perfect for this.

I installed nginx unit via custombuild, and now? What to do to create an app for it?

Bye

I’d say it’s almost finished, just validation left there, so, a matter of days/weeks for pre-release.

However, Go/NodeJS would need manual exception there for now because of this reason: https://github.com/nginx/unit/issues/413

I think the more demand they get for it, the sooner it gets fixed :)

Next release of DA should include Ruby, Python, Java, PHP and Perl.

The ones who don’t care about update limitation could manually enable go/nodejs there.

Just wanted to cautiously ask what the state of affairs is :)
Is there a rough ETA?

Just wanted to cautiously ask what the state of affairs is :)
Is there a rough ETA?
It's there in pre-release (Pro Pack) for 2-3 months already, so, you may give it a try if you wish :)

Not sure what`s up with the pro pack. I read something in the forums, but nothing official.
How do I get the Pro Pack? Is would love to give a try...

Hey @smtalk

could you give me a hint how I could get the pro pack to try nginx unit, please?

If I'm not mistaken, Nginx Unit has been in pre-release for some time. You can try it by upgrading to pre-release, setting unit to yes in the options.conf and building via CustomBuild.

Back