Any advice for a first time Direct Admin server install?

WebHostPro

Verified User
I've used cPanel for over 19 years elusively and am trying my first alternative control panel. I'm so used to cPanel, the idea stresses me a little :LOL:.

Any tips for a first time user that is brain washed from only using cPanel forever?

Please search the forums. This question has already been ask 1 or 2 times at least. ;)

At least this is interesting:
and this

Thanks! I'll read those for sure. But I was asking about tips from someone that has used cPanel for a long time and made the change. I was hoping for some experience feedback from starting with cPanel and than using DirectAdmin. Differences, mistakes, experience. I would think some people here used cPanel for a long time and than started using DirectAdmin. Maybe not, sorry.

Any tips for a first time user that is brain washed from only using cPanel forever?

I would think some people here used cPanel for a long time and than started using DirectAdmin. Maybe not, sorry.
There are loads of people who came over to Directadmin and still are, we had a flood of ex cPanel admins.
And ofcourse, they also had those questions and there are several topics about what they encounter also.

First link I posted was originated because of those questions. I would suggest read that one first, it's in fact a FAQ about it.
After that, look at the forums or maybe somebody can answer questions you still might have. or maybe writes here in the near future.

Back