API question

thoroughfare

Verified User
Hi,

Just to make it 100% clear before I put a lot of work into this:

Can the DA API handle *every* command that is used by the control panel?

I'm thinking of making my own control panel interface on my hosting site, using only PHP to interface with the DA API.

I've figured out how to handle the interface and parsing data sent from my site, I just need to know that the API can handle *all* commands.

Thanks,
Matt ;)

:eek: Thats the equivalent of saying i dislike DA :D

To answer your question, I dont think every command is there.... if it was surely you woulod be able to create mail accounts, which as some have recently learnt is not possible :)

Maybe Mark and John should stop development of this API system before it gets out of hand :D

Last edited:
No, I love DA :p

It's just for the user interface, I'm offering a lot of other services to clients and it needs to integrate nicely into a members area.

Also, as a PHP programmer I like a good challenge :)

It's just the same as doing my own skin really... just... extended :D

Any info from John/Mark?

Cheers,
Matt :)

Using the new set_method('POST') implementation in the communication class, you theoretically can use any of the CMD* methods in PHP. Now, everything besides the CMD_API* methods will return their normal in-DA HTML values, but with a little regex on each value, it is possible to discern between an error and an OK.

It's by all means possible :)

just hold up on this untill the next version. There are some new API toys for "extending" da with custom scripts linked fromthe CP

Back